1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Singer Sewing Machine models.

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by anubal, Apr 12, 2008.

1. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi Pinky Joseph,

Thanks for your comments..

I guess in India we dont have any other brand than Singer.

Wish you good luck for finding a shop out there in Saudi Arabia... I guess you can shop online too... You can also go to through the link which one of the IL's have posted in this thread. That would help in comparison. :thumbsup

Regards,
    Anu

2. mab1179

mab1179 New IL'ite

hi,
    I am new member mab1179. My mother has singer fashion maker. I also want to buy a sewing machine .Before some days I saw some models of singer and singer 8280 is good one u can buy it if u like it. whenever u buy pls tell me .

bye.

3. pinkyjoseph

pinkyjoseph Junior IL'ite

Thanks dear Mab1179.

regards,
    Pinky

4. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

hi all,
    This thread interested me because I love machine embroidery ( check my thread in hobbies section) & stitching. so I thought of putting forward my ideas too.
    when i was going to buy a zig zag machine 10 yrs ago I too made many enquiries,I asked two persons to finalise my choice. One was learning at a class from singer machine but had bought a Usha machine while the other was a lecturer teaching fashion designing. both had recomended usha wonder stitch over singer. today after ten years I know I haven't made any mistake in believing them. That's my humble experience.
    If you want to do embroidery then I would recomend that you go in for machine with internal motors. you cant get the quality finish for embroidery if you have peddaling type as you tend to change the speed after sometime as you tire & this may have an impact on your stiches. Computer Typing
    vidya

5. bindhudani

bindhudani Senior IL'ite

Hello friends,
    Can u pls tell me what is a semi zig zag machine and can it be used to make embroideries?Thanks in advance for your time..
    Cheers
    Bindhu

6. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hand held sewing machine

I'm looking for a basic hand held battery or electric sewing machine to use for very simple projects (baby clothes) and mending work. I do not need any fancy kind. Any suggestions will be appreciated...

7. anu prem

anu prem Gold IL'ite

hi anu,

how r u...
    how is u r machine working....

i have singer 8280 model machine last year i brought it......i am stiching suditar and blouse in my machine that is easy for me .......but doing emb. i feel littleWitsend difficult....

so if u r done any emb. work with mac. means please post it that will give some guidelines for me....

thank u....

8. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi Anu,

I am doing good.. :) Thanks for asking...

I havent tried with embroidery yet. I have to.. When they gave training.. it was easy.. But I have to try it yet... !!

The Machine is working fine.. Just at first I had some Threading problem... and then once the Bobbin case came out since the cloth got stuck and I tried to pull it out.. Though I placed the Bobbin case back.. the plate got slightly misplaced. The Service guy had to come and correct it... then its working properly as of now...

Thanks,
    Anu

9. karanee

karanee New IL'ite

Hi Anubal,

I am very much interested in learning tailoring especially how to stitch kurtas,churidhar.
    Could you please give me the details where in bangalore you learnt and course duration and fees?

Thanks in advance.

10. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi Karanee,

Sorry for the late response.. I was out of this forum for quite sometime.

I am learning sewing from my Mom and from Internet. But I know few classes taught by Singer. If you are interested you can contact the Singer Showroom at Commercial Street. Heard that they are conducting classes.

Thanks,
    Anu