Singapore Spice Bazaar! Information about Groceries availability!

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Singapore' started by AbhiSing, Mar 24, 2008.

1. ranivasan

ranivasan Senior IL'ite

I get indian veggies on fridays at my wetmarket in Bishan not all of them but atleast 80% and i get my provisions delivered home by this shop called egrocy. Their website is eGrocy.com - Online Grocery Shop with FREE Home Delivery within Singapore Minimum $60 they deliver home. Products are clean and they sell vegetables too. You can pay thru cash or cheque or do online transfer.
    Cheers!!

2. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Spandhana,

Sorry for the belated post. They do not have veggies/palak. Only dried goods except onions, coconut.
    Their contact number is 63417612,The shop is in dunlop street, opposite to sakunthala restaurant

3. Chaarvi

Chaarvi New IL'ite

I will be moving to Singapore from India in a weeks time. We have taken up a place in Bayshore Raod, East Coast. Is there any south indian shops close by? Can I get the groceries home delivered? Can anyone help please?

4. ranivasan

ranivasan Senior IL'ite

5. Chaarvi

Chaarvi New IL'ite

Thank you Rani. This gives me great confidence. We will be staying in a hotel and would set up the house in the meantime. I will keep posting a lot of queries whenever I need help. Thanks a ton.

:thankyou2:

6. Ramya2912

Ramya2912 Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

It has been a long time since i visited IL and i was very happy to find the thread for singilites as earlier there were hardly one or two posts.
    I have been buying my groceries from Selvi mills for almost 1 1/2 yrs the prices r ok and quality is good and they usually they tell u the day and time when they will deliver (which is usually 2 days from the date of order) and sometime if require them to deliver earlier they do that also.
    I have just shifted to sengkang and( i am searching for a shop to buy veggies..can anyone just good shop in sengkang) we have fairprice nearby but the choice is very ltd and the quality also is not good.

Bye TC
    Ramya

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi ramya

Senkang do not have grocery shops/wet markets like other areas. Depending on the location in senkarg, there is NTUC in the rivervale side, Prime Supermarket at Compassvale, Rivervale plaza and a small wetmarket at the other end. and a NTUC at fernvale too. For Indian veggies take the MRT to little India. You can also take the free shuttle to punggol plaza where you can get varieties.

happy shopping!

8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear rani
    Please refrain from posting email ids to avoid unpleasant encounters as this is a public forum. please use PM.

Thanks

9. Ramya2912

Ramya2912 Bronze IL'ite

hi

thanks vijee for the info ..y'day went to punggol plaza there is a indian grocery shop where we can all indian stuff though it is a little expensive..they had indian vegetables also but they were not fresh.But it helps to know that u have a indian shop near by where we can buy once a while rather going to LI or mustafa all the way.There is a wet mkt also though it closes in afternoon.

10. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Spice Bazaar! Queries about availability of Groceries in Singapore!

Hi,

since my stay here,i hav been buying the fresh sprouts frm shops.i buy it in small qty n finish it off fast as they tend to loose their freshness.
    but sometimes it happens tht most of the sprouts remain unfinished.i dont know how to store it?
    ladies ,pls pour in ur suggestions as to how u store the sprouts to keep it fresh.

thanks in adv
    raji