Singapore Spice Bazaar! Information about Groceries availability!

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Singapore' started by AbhiSing, Mar 24, 2008.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Spandana
    So nice of you for giving the tips. I will do it.

I will bring the pills for indigestion and I think sarada will be standing with a big stone on her doorstep to put on my headBig Laugh.

2. spandhana

spandhana Bronze IL'ite

Hey Abhi,

Dont fear.She will be dropping a huge bulk of parathas on ur head instead of a stone.

Cheers,
    Spandhana

3. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Hi Vijee
    true as u say all the prices do hav gone up infact likea rocket.n frm yday the indian stores hav run out of stock of indian ponni rice.n the lady was telling tht the same will b with urad dal too.
    if tht is the case then v will hav to ask Sarada for noodles n manchuris rather than parathas.n this is for sure tht Sarada will b waiting either with parathas or the block.
    so ladies lets b prepd with a gd hand gloves n jogging shoes to flea(just kidding Sarada)Big Laugh

raji

4. Lilly07

Lilly07 Bronze IL'ite

Hey everyone,
    Long time didn't visit our own Singi thread. Yes the prices have gone up like anything. But one good thing is gold price seems to come down(almost $40.70) as of today. Invariably I buy groceries from Mustafa and veggies from Pasir Panjang whole sale market. I always buy BIG packet of onions and potatoes as they r just $4.00 or so. If I need any indian veggies, I buy them from Tekka area.
    If anyone is very particular about urid dall for iddli, I always buy Jangiri ulundu from Selvi brand. Usually it can be bought from their shop near andhra curry. This ulundu seems to be much better than any other brand. Catch u all later.
    lilly

5. dbirlase

dbirlase New IL'ite

hiya,

i tend to buy from Aachi shop, with 2 kids and going to shopping is a pain. Though i do sometimes when i really have to. I find the achi shop okay as they deliver to my place. Only thing i hate is, they come very late, if you stay in condo, they normally have some issues after the 9pm time frame.

Dinesh.

6. rb020606

rb020606 New IL'ite

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Lilly,
    You are welcome here anytime!
    Yes gold prices are coming down , still waiting to come down below $40.
    Whole sale markets, you can get goods for reasonable price. Lucky for you that you can go there.

8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Welcome to IL and this thread.
    Yes some of them deliver late nights and it is trouble some because of that.

9. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: My sad story with Chennai Trading!

Dear SingIlites,

I ordered on a saturday from chennai trading and they said that they will deliver it the following monday. Monday came and went but no deliveries. I called them by tuesday afternoon and got the reply that they will deliver it that evening (without apologies). On wednesday afternoon I called them again since I ordered all the veggies also from them for that week. This time also they replied that they are trying?!! to send as it is raining?!!!:bang(As if it is Andhaman Islands and they need to send it by boat from one place to another. You all know Sing being a tiny island will take 1 hour the maximum even from one end to the other end.) And this is 2 days after their promised delivery date and they dont have the word sorry in their vocabulary listRant. Then my DH called them around 8.00 pm to ask them abt it. The same lady who answered told that she will get back whether they will deliver that day. And...you all guessed right! she didnt get back at all! Then by 11.20 pmshakehead, the delivery man called me asking whther I wanted them to come as they were in Tampines and will take some time to reach my place. I had enough of them by that time and told him tnot to come to my place and I would speak to their shop in the morning.

Here is the hilarious part of my pathetic story!.. Morning came and I called the shop and explained to the man what happened and told him that I would like to cancel the order. The man listened to me and finally had the audacity to answer me..OK madam! and then put down the phone...!( You may ask me what is hilarious about it...It is me who the laughing stock among my dear friends ..who else?!)

Either they are dumbheaded or want to close their business soon..I dont know, if they dont change their attitude and this type of behaviour, God knows what will happen to that name Chennai Trading!!!:thumbsdown

10. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Hi Vijee
    for a moment i was just dumbstruck after reading ur post.do such things happen here too bcoz as u said its such a small island tht they can deliver the gds within short time n inspite of tht this behaviour frm them,,,,,,,................

raji