Singapore Spice Bazaar! Information about Groceries availability!

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Singapore' started by AbhiSing, Mar 24, 2008.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: Murugan-type Grocer near Tampines/Simei

Hi Sushma

As far as I know, there are no such stores in Tampines/Simei.
    Bukit Batok is a very big estate with majority of Indians and I guess that is the reason the prices in the Murugan stores are comparable with serangoon.
    There is one Indian grocery shop in Tampines st 81, beside the Prime Supermarket. The prices are not that high. Try it.

Also another point you need to keep in mind is the recent inflation, where all the veggie prices are rocketing.

2. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear abhi,

Are you telling the one in N2 market in tampines.If that is not in N2, please give the address.

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

No Dear,

It is not N2. What I am referring to is in Tampines Street 81, behind the prime supermarket. But Kamala if you ask me personally from Simei it is too far away. The NTUC of simei and tampines have all the indian vegetable including drumsticks, ponnankanni, Vaazhaipoo etc. Why bother going all the way to interior tampines Kamala? When you calculate the bus/taxi fare everything will be the same in the end.
    (BTW I stayed in Tampines until 2007 )

4. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear viji,

Thankyou very much.I am looking for some shops where i can buy dhals etc. I liked fairprice shop for veggies and other things like soap,shampoo.... (Tons of thanks for suggesting the place when I asked u before ) and we also have a minimart inside our apt for urgent needs and they sell indian stuffs too(even the idli batter and idli rice).
    I thought if there is some indian groceries like the ones in buffalo road, i need not go there for monthly purchases(like rava,besan etc)
    There is one in N2,but i don't like the place as it is not neat.

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Kamala

You are welcome. For indian groceries, you can order them for home delivery from the shops in serangoon rd/buffalo rd. We have discussed extensively abt that in http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indians-in-singapore/22796-where-do-you-buy-your.html.

Please try.

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Viji dear,

I keep myself updated with Sing happening in a hope that i can move some day:hide:. Now NTUC selling indian veges that too ponnankanni keerai is amazing...

Latha

7. jpoorni

jpoorni Senior IL'ite

Hi Viji,

I am new to SG, can i know what is NTUC and where are those shops available.

Poorni

8. jpoorni

jpoorni Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I knew from IL that we can get home delivery of groceries from certain shops. i like to know is there a price differnce with items in mustafa and other indian shops.

Poornima:spin

9. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear latha

Surprise and Glad to see you here.
    Yes NTUC, Prime supermarkets sell all the indian veggies nowadays because the population of Indians is growing every minute:thumbsup.

Hopefully, come and settle in Singapore soon!
    Happy New Year to you and your family!

10. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Poornima

Dont worry. Before too lont, you will know everything about Singapore, the place being too small:thumbsup.

NTUC means the local Supermarket chain FairPrice, run by the Trade union of Singapore NTUC. The prices are comparatively reasonable and most of us shop there for household items and toiletries. There will be 2 or more fairprice supermarkets in every housing estate.
    Hope I am clear.