1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Simple Joys

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jennysrik, Apr 7, 2011.

1. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

Do you take time to appreciate the simple joys in life? Do you smile at the sun or sing in the rain? Do you feel the high of being on top of a mountain or feel the warmth of the sand beneath your feet at the beach? Do you stop to smell fruit on a tree or flowers on a bush? Do you savor the foods you eat? Do you really listen to, and enjoy, the music you hear?

Do you get happiness seeing your loved ones' smile? Are you thankful for the air you breathe and the life you have been given? Most of all, do you ever take time to marvel in the mere-yet-profound fact that, of all the infinite possibilities in the Universe, God/The Creator (or whatever you wish to call the Ultimate Source) chose to create you?

Many of us fail to notice the little things that make life so sweet. We get caught up in the pursuit of work, health, fame and all of that noise. It is so easy to forget to take time to appreciate the simple joys, the little gifts that life gives to us each and every day. Simple joys are around us every moment: all we need to do is be aware of them.

I remembered reading somewhere that "There are no ordinary moments." No moment, nothing in life, should be taken for granted. In developing gratitude for the simple joys, the little things in life, we come to truly enjoy and appreciate life - and then we are able to see the magic that surrounds us every moment.If you learn to notice and appreciate the "little things," every moment can begin to feel extraordinary and magical. If you cultivate an attitude of gratitude, you will start to experience so much more joy in your everyday life.

If you are in a relationship, you will have a much greater chance of feeling fulfilled: you are more likely to create intimacy by paying attention to the little things that pleases your partner, and you are more likely to notice and appreciate the little things your partner does to please you. Love life with small joys and surprises will make the bond ever lasting.

In life in general, you will begin to feel more free, more happy, and more at peace. I guess, without simple joys, LIFE can seem "purposeless and flat." Aren't you glad that you don't need to feel like that?

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

I loved your blog dear jenny...!!!!!!!!

Very simply things it may seem but they kindle some kind of joy and happiness throughout the day.

Today i was SSSSSSOOOO HAPPY when i saw my lkg photo in orkut. i could locate my nursery friend at last......and my first and favourite teacher Ms.Tims. Oh my i still can feel her love and special affection towards me...

i am so happy today...now decided to hunt for rest of my best friends from lkg to college and keep in touch with them....

my joy for today is thinking of my good old school days....
    [​IMG]

Have a good day jenny !!!!!!!

AND FOR YOU ....?????????
    FRIENDS SHARE YOUR SIMPLE JOY FOR TODAY .....

3. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

Thanks mssunitha2001!

Oh yeah! I was always left to wonder how happier it would be, If only I had a chance to remain as a child in my good old school forever. Some moments are priceless, worth living!

Not only I am happy that you got to experience a simple yet unforgettable joy but also super-excited that you are the first one to comment :) you have a great day too :)

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi jenny,

A good one!! enjoyed reading.

Akila

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very nice write up Jenny. It is sad that as we grow up, we fail to notice these little things, caught up as we are in the daily grind. I noticed when my nephew and niece were young that we often try to divert them by showing them little things like animals, the moon, the stars ..... and it hit me then that it was simply years since I had even thought about them.

"What is this life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare".

Now, mercifully, life has afforded me the time and the capacity to appreciate life and all that it has to offer to the fullest. I wish more people would get the time to take pleasure from small things in life which cost us nothing.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jenny

True, simple joys gives us lot of happiness. I always enjuoy simple pleasures, if anyone givss some gift I feel very happy even at the age of 67 yrs. Enjoy the mazalai talk of my granddaughter. When chidlren are kids we should enjoy each and every moment with them because childhood will not come back again.

I like to bring smile on others face by doing something which excites them. We should enjoy each stage in life and take time to spend with children, as a child they want us and once they grow they have no time for us.

I second to what all you have penned down

7. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Jenny...

A very good blog that surves as an eye opener. Its true that we tend to forget the sweet little things that paves way for your happiness. We leave all those and we always go in search of some other thing. As we always in search of something and miss the current happenings. Excellently brought out here...thanks for sharing

8. rayhaan

rayhaan Bronze IL'ite

Very well said Jenny!
    Little happiness paves way for a wonderful life... Let us all start enjoying small things in life.

"I remembered reading somewhere that "There are no ordinary moments." No moment, nothing in life, should be taken for granted."

Loved the above lines…

Loved your blog
    :thumbsup

9. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

Hi Akila!

Many thanks for your comment :)

10. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

Yes ! I second your opinion..sometimes my dad feels that he was too engaged with official work, got posted in several places due to various transfers. He now realize that he could have spent even more quality time with me. Well! Its too late.I am no more a kid daughter to him and got married.Time truly flies!