1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

simple,healthy flavorful dosa for 3 yr old...

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by breeze01, Oct 1, 2014.

1. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

hi all, I am coming back after a little break.. hope everything going fine with all moms and the little once...

My son love dosas he can eat everyday but I don't want to be giving him same once all the time.. I tried atta dosa with tomato,onion he likes it but I know it taste better only when they are hot but he takes almost 40 minutes to finish two of them, but still he eats it because he love tomato,onion..yesterday I made dosa out of idli batter.. I just grind it to make it soft but they came little hard again he ate it because of onion..i don't want him to be eating rice two times a day so want to switch to something every now and then... please pass your recipes which you tried for your little once andwhich you think they like it and different kind of dosa batter yet healthy once... with different kind of flour... and in different varieties...

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ferment atta or any other flour with urad batter. make small quantity. wheat dosa are so crisp and tasty when you add urad batter.

so does ragi, jowar, maize work. you can also make adai dosas..by adding lentils

1 person likes this.
  3. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

Dear Breeze,

As shanvy said you can try millet dosas with all sorts of grated veggies like carrot, beetroot, blanched spinach puree, cheese, corn, capsicum (all colors).

And also you can make normal dosas with brown rice, quinoa also to make it more healthy, can make green moondal dosa or mixed lentil adai which are protein rich and good for them..

1 person likes this.
  4. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Hey thanks for telling me this.i always make it just with attached flour will try your idea tomorrow and let you know..

5. 2babymom

2babymom Bronze IL'ite

Hi, I have couple of dosa recipes which are healthy and my kids love to eat all the time.
    1. Ragi flour, wheat flour and rava dosa:
    1/2 cup of ragi flour and wheat flour each and 1/4 cup of rava. First take a 1/2 cup of shredded coconut, 1/2inch ginger and 1 green chilli( adjust heat to your child's tolerance). Grind altogether in a blender to a smooth paste and add it to the flour and rava mixture and salt and sugar to taste. Add enough water to spread the batter easily. It should not be runny like a rava dosa but thick enough to spread the batter easily. May be pancake batter consistancy. No need to ferment or anything, you can make dosa right away. This is simple and healthy.

2. Uttappam: regular uttappam batter and I top them with onion, tomatoes and carrots. so they will get to eat extra veggies.

3. Vegetable paratha: Mixed Veg Paratha
    I make this all the time even for my son's for his preschool lunches.

6. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Hi we do make normal dose with brown rice,I didn't try with quinoa have to try and see how they taste, one time I try to do lentil dose but flour smell so bad I throw all of it away...I don't know maybe because of too long fermentation I guess....what is the quantity you add for lentil dosas....
    Moongdal gives him gas problem....is there something we do to avoid that...

7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

hi, finally i got a chance to try out chapati dosa with little bit of urad dal batter... they came real good and everyone loved it............ its just a easy way than making chapatis... i can add onion,tomato to that for my son for he loves them................. thanks for sharing tips...............