simple and the best ganapathi pooja

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by ganaka, Mar 17, 2010.

1. cutepinkgirl

cutepinkgirl New IL'ite

Thanks for ur prompt response ganaka.
    You u know what, Luckily i got a house which is realllllly close to a shiridi saibaba temple since lord ganapathi was placed just beside the staircase and there is no possibility of doing pradakshinas. however, i have the option of doing at home.

One question:
    Chana dal which u mentioned for pooja is split chana dal or the one with full chana to be soaked?
    if so can i soak it one day before immediately after taking shower .
    As per my knowledge the garike grass can be plucked without roots but it should have splits, right?
    do i need to pluck the grass freshly for pooja in the morning or can i pluck one day before i.e., night and use it in the mroning .
    After offering grass to lord ganapathi what is the procedure to dispose.
    I know these are minor things but just want to confirm before starting pooja as i want to follow the protocol

2. ganaka

ganaka New IL'ite

Hi bhuvan

My question is even while travelling can I continue this pooja in the temples or in my mother's place?

You can do the pooja in the temples or at your mother's place, but at any cost you must not stop it in the middle. The effects will be greater if done in temples.

Should I use the same Ganeshji's picutre or any picuture there available will do?

you can use any pics.

jai ganesha.

3. ganaka

ganaka New IL'ite

Jai ganesha

Thank you and congratulations.

Chana dal which u mentioned for pooja is split chana dal or the one with full chana to be soaked?
    if so can i soak it one day before immediately after taking shower .

"The one with full chana to be soaked. Must use full chana not a split one.
    YOu can soak it for 4hrs or more."

As per my knowledge the garike grass can be plucked without roots but it should have splits, right?

yes. 3 or more.

do i need to pluck the grass freshly for pooja in the morning or can i pluck one day before i.e., night and use it in the mroning .

"you can pluck it a day before, just keep it in the fridge so that it stays fresh. I usually buy it twice a week and keep it in the fridge, but of course, it depends on the place and the quality of the grass."

After offering grass to lord ganapathi what is the procedure to dispose.

In India we usually give it to the temples, otherwise you can keep it near a tree, or at least not dispose it with other garbage.

Jai ganesha

4. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi
    thanx for posting the wonderful and simple pooja.........:) god bless you

5. shailajapramod5

shailajapramod5 New IL'ite

Yes, this is 100 percent true. If u do this with real shraddhe and Bhakti definitely ur wishes come true. One thing I would like to say here is, garike or Durva grass has to be always keep on the top of the head of ganapathi. In Kannada we will tell on the shirassu. As Ganesha will be more happy if his devotees do pooja from garike grass always to the shirassu.

Thank u.

6. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Very much happy to know about this pooja. Is it good to start from coming Friday and also amavasye?

7. sunshine1999

sunshine1999 New IL'ite

I am staying as a paying guest in a house in Singapore. In such case how to do this pooja in the temple? Please advice me. Thank you

8. sunshine1999

sunshine1999 New IL'ite

I am staying as a paying guest in a house. In such case what is the procedure if I am doing in the temple?

Can I just buy arugam pul and give it to the priest once I have completed the 21 names and pradakshana or is there any other suggestion.

Thank you very much

9. sarasprabhu

sarasprabhu Silver IL'ite

dEAR Ganaka
    thanks for this powerful pooja. you said The effects will be greater if done in temples.
    But i have a doubt.what do we do with the brown channa in temple after pooja do we bring it back as it is neivedyam or keep it there itself.
    in home means after pooja can we boil it and eat.
    thanks again for clearing my doubt.

10. siddhi

siddhi New IL'ite

actually i used to do 21 days ganapathi pooja but not this one i used to go to temple everyday for 21 days and used to pray at home(morning and evening)and twice i got what i asked for but after that twice i couldnt complete the pooja and had to stop in between(after getting what i want i stopped not completing the pooja for 21 days) and after that when ever i try to do 21 days pooja i'm not able to do it for more than 3 days its really bothering me as i believe in lord ganesha a lot if someone can share what could be done it would be helpful and I came across this post and decided to do it but i dint understand what exactly we need to do with chana..do we need to take it to the temple after praying at home?if yes what do we need to do with it in temple and do we need to boil it before having..pls help