simple and the best ganapathi pooja

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by ganaka, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ganaka

ganaka New IL'ite

Jai Ganesha

Hi

Below is a simple, but the best ganapthi pooja that i found other than difficult vrats, i myself did last year - it really did wonders for me. It took me some time though, as usual the laziness used to kick in, but when i finally did it- slowly things started changing. I received exactly what i was looking for. Few of my relatives even got married just by doing this pooja.

Many people usually go to temple to do it, but if one cannot u cannot do it from home - but is far effective when done in a temple.

As follows

At first u got to take 21 durva or garike grass( in kannada) that is specifically split into 3 or 5, and take 21 kabbul channa.

At your home: Repeat the below mantras, EACH 21 TIMES, i.e take 1 garike grass and one kabul channa repeat one mantra 21 times and keep one garike near feet of lord ganapthi and kabul channa in a separate bowl and so on.

Once the whole 21 names are completed, take the 21 garike grass to a well known ganapathi temple, do a 21 pradakshin and namaskar and offer the 21 garike grass to lord ganapthi.

The kabul channa is the navideya, which should be consumed by you later on. One need not fast for this, but many people usually do it in the mornings before having breakfast, but it still depends on one's convenience.

1.Om Ganadipathiae namaha - Durvayugmam samarpayami.
    2. Om umaputraya namah -
    3. Om ekadantaya namaha -
    4. Om Aghanashina namaha
    5. Om Kumaragurvae namaha
    6. Om Vignarajaya Namaha
    7. Om Lambodaraya Namaha
    8. Om Vikataya Namha
    9. Om herambaya Namaha
    10. Om kapilaya Namha
    11. OM palachandraya Nmaha
    12. Om Ibavaktraya Namaha
    13. Om shurpakarnaya Namha
    14.Om dvymaturaya Namaha
    15. Om sumukhaya namha
    16. Om vignaraja Namaha
    17. Om surarajaya Namaha
    18. Om mushikavahanaya namha.
    19.Om Kapistanapriyaya namaha -
    20.Om sarvasiddhipradaya namha- Durvayugmam samarpayami.
    21. Ekvanshati Durvayugmam samarpayami.

after each name one has to utter ' Durvayugmam samarpayami'. If it is still unclear You can find these names in any sankastahara chaturthi books. You can do it for either 21 days, 48 days or 108 days, depending on your sankalp.

hope it helps

god bless.

2. ganaka

ganaka New IL'ite

sorry forgot to mention this.

If one can find durva katha ( story that explains why durva is most preferred by ganapthi.) I have a regional version of it, and i am afraid i will terribly fail to convert it to your understanding.

Reading it would be even more beneficial.

jai ganesha.

3. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Ganaka!

Welcome to IL family. Thank u for posting the simple Ganapathi Pooja here. Do you mean Arugampul (that looks like green grass?).

4. ganaka

ganaka New IL'ite

Thank you

Yes. It is not a normal grass, it usually 3 or 5 spilts to it.

jai ganesha

5. bhuvan16

bhuvan16 Senior IL'ite

Dear Ganaka,

Thanks for giving us this pooja. Any restriction to be followed I am planning to do this pooja from coming Tuesay. Like non veg eating / this pooja should performed only particular time.

Regards,

suganthi

6. Vani09

Vani09 Gold IL'ite

Dear Ganaka,

Thanks for sharing this pooja ....., Where can we get garike grass to be used for the pooja.The kabuli channa mentioned above is it soaked or boiled??,please mention how u make neivedya.

Regards.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  7. ganaka

ganaka New IL'ite

Jai ganesha

At Whatever cost one must "NOT" 'consume' non-veg, it is a must during pooja.

Kindly remember this, it is the only restriction.

There no particular time for the pooja, but I use to do in the morning before having my breakfast, since it would be quite difficult to perform during evenings after heavy work schedule.

If by coming tuesday, you meant 23 march, it is really auspicious - its is known as bhavani astami.

godd luck and god bless.

8. ganaka

ganaka New IL'ite

Jai Ganesha

Hi Vani

In south India its is available with any flower vendors or in front of any ganapathi temples, in bangalore it goes by name garike only.

I noticed that you are from bangalore, most of my relatives and myself completed the pooja in taxi ganapathi temple located in jayanagar 4th block, near jain temple.It is a very well known temple.

If you can please visit the temple somewhere between 6:45 and 8:00 am, the panchamurtham abhiskem that goes on is absolutely divine. You can get garike with flower vendors sitting in front of temple.

Kabul channa is SOAKED and NOT Boiled.

god bless

good luck

9. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Please see my question below in green

At first u got to take 21 durva or garike grass( in kannada) that is specifically split into 3 or 5, and take 21 kabbul channa.

At your home: Repeat the below mantras, EACH 21 TIMES, i.e take 1 garike grass and one kabul channa repeat one mantra 21 times and keep one garike near feet of lord ganapthi and kabul channa in a separate bowl and so on.

Please clarify
    1.Om Ganadipathiae namaha - Durvayugmam samarpayami.
    Do I say om ganadipathiae namaha 21 times and say durvayugam samarpayami after 21st time.
    Repeat same for the other mantras too.
    2. Om umaputraya namah -
    3. Om ekadantaya namaha -
    4. Om Aghanashina namaha
    5. Om Kumaragurvae namaha
    6. Om Vignarajaya Namaha
    7. Om Lambodaraya Namaha
    8. Om Vikataya Namha
    9. Om herambaya Namaha
    10. Om kapilaya Namha
    11. OM palachandraya Nmaha
    12. Om Ibavaktraya Namaha
    13. Om shurpakarnaya Namha
    14.Om dvymaturaya Namaha
    15. Om sumukhaya namha
    16. Om vignaraja Namaha
    17. Om surarajaya Namaha
    18. Om mushikavahanaya namha.
    19.Om Kapistanapriyaya namaha -
    20.Om sarvasiddhipradaya namha- Durvayugmam samarpayami.
    21. Ekvanshati Durvayugmam samarpayami.

Thank you

10. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

hey thanks for posting this puja here..sure it will benefit a lot of people..i will also do this pooja on sankashti..god bless u.