1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SIL's palmistry,astrology and zodiac madness driving me crazy..

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by simi12, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Radheshyam

Radheshyam Senior IL'ite

I totally understand your problem.
    I have the same issue with my elder SIL. She relys on astrology to determine how to handle people and situations. I have tried my best to talk to her in the past 10 years but no luck. She tell me that she is afraid to talk to me and that she can never be close to me. All this for one reason, some astrologer told her at the time of our ( DH and mine) marraige that I, as a DIL could break the family. Guess what ! Ten years flew by and WE still are a family.

Like Lage Raho Munnabhai.. " ee tho Bimari hai...These people are sick " Don't try to correct them.. but send a Get well soon card.. LOL

Take it easy !

2. simi12

simi12 New IL'ite

It takes me just less than a minute to say "Get Lost" and ignore her presence henceforth, but you see she is my brother's wife and if not for this craze of hers, she is good to me. If I feel down I can share it with her but these days this new interest of hers is upsetting our relationship. Most of my friends say how lucky you both are? Usually SILs relationships are strained but you guys are just like friends. She discusses with me about things more than my brother. We both go shopping, beauty parlors. She is an excellent cook and has always helped me with food, when I was sick. Only problem with her is she is bit moody. Needs constant attention and has been getting that from me. My brother always says I am overdoing when I try to patch up after any disagreement. He himself gets annoyed sometimes.

I told her to keep this interest of hers to herself but with the already set in friendliness towards one another she takes that liberty to freely voice out her opinion based on these predictions of hers. Some years back, it was all beauty products she was crazy about. She would put henna on my hair, do my facials etc. I never care much on these things. She knows that and she would say What is this? You do not even care for your hair, OK I will come tomorrow to put henna on your hair. It has been over a month so I will come next week and give you a facial. She is still very crazy about grooming and make-up etc but has relaxed that towards me. Sometimes, she picks my dress when we have to go for a party together. She also tells me very frankly about my dress too. Sometimes, I feel bad but she can see that I felt hurt and will apologize too. She says she has to express it to me. I really do not feel that often offended because I see it coming from a friend/sister of mine but sometimes I just wish she just keeps it to herself.

Anyway, I cannot talk directly and ask her to STOP this new found interest which is totally nonsense to me. It is just not ME. I have always been like that. I think I can only try to ignore her when she comes up with these crazy things. And tell my dh to ignore also.

Simi

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  3. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Simi,
    Ok now its clear. Hey she is ur friend so talk to her clearly.If she is frank with you about dressing etc why can't you be too.

Tell her seriously that this is really bothering me please back off.

Good Luck
    FL