1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Silly Musings

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

<o:p _fckxhtmljob="3">
    Silly Musings
    Doctor wants Exwife to Return Donated Kidney – TOI dt 12<SUP _fckxhtmljob="3">th</SUP> Jan 09
    A Doctor and his wife have divorced.Nothing new in that.Except that the doctor had donated his kidney to his exwife when they were married.Now that they are divorced, he wants her to return the kidney back, or pay a sum of US $ 1.50 million, that’s about 7 crores in today’s exchange.
    Most of you would sympathise with the wife, but how do u know what she may have done or said, to get this bitter reaction from her former husband.Something similar happened between me and my employees around 12 years back.Here goes
    In the mid ninties , ICICI,IDBI and others had come out with their Deep Discount Bonds, where by u pay upfront say 3000/- and after 25 years u get a lakh of Rupees.I gifted many Bonds to my employees in their children;s name, I too wanted to do some good for some people who are poor and who may never ever be able to rack up so much in the 25 years.
    Well some of them left me, suddenly, and some had bitter words with me.The bone of contention it seems were these Bonds that I gifted them , and they thought that now that they are lakhpatis, they don’t want to work with me, for what I was paying them.
    It left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I could do nothing, as the bonds were in their children’s names already, and I wished like this Doctor, to have them back.
    But this taught me a lesson, which I have learnt very well to this day, that don’t ever give away your hard earned money so easily to someone who has not worked for it.Charity Spoils at times, well I lost once, but I have saved a lot of money in the process, and have resisted the temptation to give away after that.Now my employees are happy, and so am I. Some people cant digest money,
    United Bank of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region _fckxhtmljob="3"><st1:place _fckxhtmljob="3">Switzerland</st1:place></st1:country-region> closing down American Accounts – HT – 12<SUP _fckxhtmljob="3">th</SUP> Jan 09
    Under pressur from Federal Authourities , UBS will shut down 19000 accounts of Americans holding their money in UBS, money that has not been declared to the IRS.
    UBS will close the accounts and mail the cheques directly to the account holders, which if cashed will leave a paper trail.The clients now face a stark choice.They can cash their cheques and thereby alert the authourities to any potential wrongdoings, or NOT Cash them, effectively losing their money.
    The IRS may treat this money as money laundering, which carries very stiff charges, up to 25 years in Jail.
    My comments – What an irony.Your illgotten wealth, once safely hidden, and now u have the cheque in your hand, and u are damned if u cash it, and let the IRS on your trail, or just tear up those millions and millions of dollors.
    Did the holy book Geeta something like “ Easy Come Easy Go”.Or still a better one
    Lots and lots of water, but not a drop to drink.
    Peacocks come at Last
    Well some like to go in search of Tigers, but a small guy like me goes searching for peacocks.But today they obliged me, by coming over to my humble abode, after a long long time.
    <o:p _fckxhtmljob="3"> [​IMG]
    Bunty Aur Babli = sorry Tuffy and Bingo<o:p _fckxhtmljob="3"> ​
    Bingo climbing the Pot, so he can reach the wall, so he can talk to the neighbour’s daughter called Zora, who is made over Bingo, nicknaming him “Banjo”.Well in a month or two I suspect Bingo will grow tall enough to leap over the wall, so we will have to remove these pots from there.
    [​IMG]

Bingo being given his 4<SUP _fckxhtmljob="3">th</SUP> shot, and one more to go.The Vet came home, and he is smiling, but I don’t think Bingo shares the same sentiments.Poor chap !

Bingo got his injection in his backside.I remember as a kid, our family doctor was very fond of giving injections to me, and would always give it in the bums.These days they give me in the arm.Why ?
    <o:p _fckxhtmljob="3"> [​IMG]
    Chew this one over.
    <o:p _fckxhtmljob="3"> This time i am sparing u my grinning face in the pictures.Next time u may not be so lucky.[​IMG]

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Kamal ji,
    You really go off tangent at times.
    If i were the woman i will tell the man take back his kidney and ask him to cover the cost of operation. This reminds me when i used to have some tiff with my friends i used to tell my friends to return the chocolate that i gave sometime ago. But I was kid at that time.
    Money shd not be given out easily especially those who don't value it. I give out gifts for occassions and not buy gifts for whims and fancy.
    Best of all is your tuffy & bingo, i really love them, they are adorable.
    Jaya

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kamalj,

u really made me Big LaughBig Laughloudly with your musings...
    no, i do not pity the wife because she owes a healthy existence to her dh only and should have put up with anything from him(that was my first thought but since after all i am a woman ,now i am thinking god knows what he would have done....)

loved the pictures...really laughed at seeing the smiling vet..poor poor Bingo.

and as to why now injections are given in the arm,u left me too wondering Big Laughthank u for my morning quota of laughter...
    regards
    Mindi

oh lucky u, peacocks in your garden..what a lovely treat..and u always think of us when u are enjoying something nice,good for us..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  4. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Sad to read about the silly doc and sorry about your experience with your workers.

But I still feel its a good thing to be able to help others when one has a chance. After all this is all that brings peace in life , the fact that your one deed has helped somebody resurrect his/her life.

Loved the peacocks. Its really so lovely to watch them.

Bingo vet looks all smiles. A very cheerful fella I guess.

Bingo seems to grow fast. Yes you better remove the pots or he'll be spending all day in Zora's place I guess.

Good blog Kamalji. :)

Regards,
    Devika

5. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

A Doctor and his wife have divorced.Nothing new in that.Except that the doctor had donated his kidney to his exwife when they were married.Now that they are divorced, he wants her to return the kidney back, or pay a sum of US $ 1.50 million, that’s about 7 crores in today’s exchange.

When I saw this news item yesterday on TV, I somehow imagined that you might write about it in your blog in your witty manner. I was right, here you go!
    This reminds me of two small children wanting their toys back after a fight.

You are so lucky to have the peacocks dance in your backyard. Thanks for sharing the photos.

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Hey Kamalji, do you really enjoy shots in the bum?

7. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji:

This is not one post. You have four lovely posts today. I loved them all. And each one exudes your charm and humanity. You really are a wonderful man Kamalji. I am happy that you found me and agreed to be a friend.

All the best.

oj

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,

My thoughts are all zigzag, i start the blog from the north, and end up south.HAHA

Yes these two are really adorable, and i am glad u share the same sentiments.

they sleep with m,e in the room, Harsha is out of town, and there will be firworks when she returns,first we had one guy in the room, and now two.But i love them, and they are quiet, and when in the middle of the night i go to the loo, they both follow me inside, what to do.HAHA

Regards.kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

the only good thing i may have done in my life to earn a place in heaven, os to make u laughBig LaughSo pls send yr recemondations to the big boss please.

Well i got the answer to teh injection.A doc on another site told me, Kamalji, when a child is small, he has no muscles in his arms, so we give theinjection on the bum, but now that u are grown up, u have muscles in yr arms.HAHA

Thanks dear for the wonderful comments.Regards.kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Devika,

You know what i told this to my staff, that Devika will give u lots of money, and they are headed towards yr home, so please keep yr cheque book ready.Somebody's mother is ill, somebody's sister is to get married, etc etc, i am so glad there are nice people like u around.They should be there by tommorrow, i have just put a 100 of them on teh mumbai train today.Big Laugh

the vet is a very cheerful fellow, he is a Sindhi too, and one of the ebst in town.I can even ask him anything on the phone and he is very cooperative fellow.

Today we got Bingo his sweater, and he looks damn cute in that.Will post those pics and those of these two playing with the neiighbourhood kids.

Thanks for the lovely FB.Regards.kamal