1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Silk Sarees

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by sandysandhya, Jan 21, 2019.

1. sandysandhya

sandysandhya New IL'ite

Why Kanchipuram Silk Sarees are very famous?

2. sandysandhya

sandysandhya New IL'ite

Which Shop is having new designs and less cost silk sarees in kanchipuram

Trisha14 and nakshatra1 like this.
  3. Amandarathakur

Amandarathakur New IL'ite

According to Hindu mythology, Kanchi silk weavers are the descendants of Sage Markanda, the master weaver of gods who is supposed to have woven tissue from lotus fiber.

The sarees are woven from pure mulberry silk thread. The pure mulberry silk used in the making of Kanchipuram saris comes from South India and the zari comes from Gujarat. To weave a Kanchipuram sari three shuttles are used. While the weaver works on the right side, his aide works on the left side shuttle. The border color and design are usually quite different from the body. The border color and design are usually quite different from the body. If the pallu (the hanging end of the sari) has to be woven in a different shade, it is first separately woven and then delicately joined to the Sari. The part where the body meets the pallu is often denoted by a zig zag line

In a genuine Kanchipuram Silk Sari, body and border are woven separately and then interlocked together. The joint is woven so strongly that even if the sarees tears, the border will not detach. That differentiates the kanchivaram silk sarees from the others.

rachaputi likes this.
  4. Amandarathakur

Amandarathakur New IL'ite

Hi Guys !!
    I would recommend Sri Sarvalakshmi Silks Saree Shop for different varieties. They have best collection of silk sarees like Kanchipuram 100% Pure Fancy Silk Sarees with zari border and pattu border, Pure Fancy Without Border Sarees, Cotton silk sarees, Kanchipuram Pure Wedding Silks Sarees, Crape silk sarees, M. Jaggad Sarees, Plain Mphoss Sarees. art silks..D.P, Butta Mphoss Sarees and much more. I had purchased Wedding silk saree from here. It's amazing and i had recommended it one of my friend as well. She is also very much satisfied with their quality and price.
    You can get wonderful variety of sarees and great collection. I would highly recommend Sri Sarvalakshmi.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  5. sandysandhya

sandysandhya New IL'ite

Hi Amandarathakur
    i Visit Silk Sarees shop as per your advice, very nice collections and variety of colours at lowest wholesale price. Thanks for guide me...

6. jackfowler

jackfowler Guest

If you are talking about Silk saree then, there is one online place which name is Fashionmozo. Fashionmozo is selling women silk saree for more than 4+ years. Fashionmozo sells premium quality women silk saree at an affordable price to the customer. Fashionmozo have a great base of happy customer and it is increasing day by day.

7. Sameera11

Sameera11 New IL'ite

Hi Sandhya,

Kanchipuram Silk has the following qualities
    • Good thickness of the saree.
    • It has 3 ply silk.
    • Pallu of the saree will be glossy.
    You can check the pureness of the zari by scratching the zari and also check if the red silk comes out from the corner of the saree.

I usally buy kanchipuram sarees from Shreenivas Silks online shop.