1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Silk sarees in Ziplock cover ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by ssubhasr, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

I brought some 5 silk sarees and 3 designer sarees from India.....I want to put all those in a ziplock cover....(1 saree 1 cover). Can I do so ? Does the silk sarees require air ? Because I heared if we keep the silk sarees in ziplock, the zari will become dark as there will be no air in the ziplock....Otherwise how to protect the silk & designer sarees from bugs ?

2. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

why no reply ????? :-(

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Subha,

Better put 1 or 2 naphthalene balls in the box where you stored these saress, thats enough. I do the same (touch wood)it good till now.

Don't keep inbetween saree, just placein the box where you stored the saress.

All the best.

4. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

You might be able to find breathable closet bags from places like bed bath and beyond, crate and barrel, target or walmart type of stores. I generally put all my Indian wears inside that and hang them in my closet. I do this for my daughter's pattu pavadai too. Hope it helps.

-Uma