1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sick Parents Thrown Out

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Joy,

pls dont misunderstand me, what i mean by the suicide remark, is that , when i stopped at two daughters, so many friends and relatives told me, why are u not getting a son, and i said, i wanted two kids, i have two, and now it is enough. And tye said how will yr family name get carried forward etc. So i said to them, should i commit suicde that i dont have a son ? i can manage in my old age on my own thank u.

And i dont feel the absence of a son, we are both happy, and goood that u are managiong on yr own, with one son staying close by. We must let our sons live their own lives, without binding them down to us. And if we have some savings, we can get by with domestic help which is available in india. Why go to a old age home, if yr home can fetch u a decent reverse mortgage of sa 50000 a month or more, and if u can hire servants to take care of u.

This is my opinion.Thank u.

Regards

kamal

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radio,

Welcome to my blogs. Agree with all that u say. what is a few chappatios. my wifes aunt, 3 sons, staying with one, two abroad, that son and his wife, they made the invalid mother cook her own meals , the house belonged to teh widowed mother. They forced her to sell that house, amd threw her out , she died with no one to look after.

But why prepare for retirment home? kepe money with u, stay in center of town, in yr own home, and depend on the finances to get u good help, like cook maid driver etc, u can go to the doc yrself, the driver can take u, he is paid his salary, so he will , even if the son cannot. The maid can cook u good fresh food of yr choice, u can go to temples, why do u want to be dependent on anyone for that matter?

keep faith in God and in yrself, and save some money, and see u will have a wonderful old age, like me.HAHA

Regards

kamal

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Dharmesh,

while we cannot choose to have a boy or a girl, but if one has giorls , like me, dont hanker for boys, be happy, and save for yr old age.

Regards

kamal

4. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Sir!
    You must be knowing very well centre of city is ok as long as you are earning,young,mobile.Else its very expensive,traffic sucks,too costly,horrible roads etc...I am saying so since my generation which will retire in two decades ,by thta time there will be lots of old people-the same way there were lots of kids in my generation-& hence retirement homes will be the norm.With medical facilities attached.Already lots of eledrly in my apartment have shifted to such facilities since cooks/drivers/maids are a mafia in this part.Also they have a generation of same aged people who have time on their hand & wish to spend it in peace rather than quarrelling with anyone .Even one of my nani(actually she is a cousin's nani) has retired to one such facility-She sold her house gave money to dear daughter who now cant look after her because she has to fly to states every 6months to relax!!!No daughters are no way different than sons-they all want money-My 2 aunts did nothing for my dadi-even enjoying icecream& chocolates whne she was in icu while my dad & mom were running selling jewellery to get her treated& after she died the nexday they wanted Batwara in house.Sometimes seeing all this i feel i am maybe blessed to not have children so far!!

5. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

yes, i agree with you. they should stay separate and know about the difficulties in bringing up the children so tht they realise how their parents brought them up

6. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji Nice write up. I could relate my dad's many wordings with your write up. He says "When a medical need raise i should never ask for anyone's financial help". He has sacrificed many things in his young age, So he is relaxed now in his old age. I have learnt the noble quality of saving and spending each penny in a useful way from my dad. . It's 100% true that we should never depend or make our kids feel us as burden in our olden age.