1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sick Parents Thrown Out

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Joy,

i wont agree with u about parents needign support from youngsters.Now look at me, two daughters, one is married aborad, the second one, too may be out of jaipur.

Do u mean to say, everytime i have to go to doc, for checkupm, i need to call my daughter to hold my hand and take me there? No Joy, i will call a helper if i cant move, pay him a few hundred rather than troubling my kids. Will i and wife not be alone after daughters are gone ? Since there is no one to take care of us, should we commit suicide, ?

No, we for years have conditioned ourself to take care of ourselves, that is it. We have to be strong ourself, and not depend on anyone.Sacrifice sone muxury in young age, to save for old age, so that u are independent financially, and living decent.

Jokes, yes they keep coming onm whats app, and i share them with u all.Thanks for liking.

Regards

kamal

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kelly, as per the latese reports the son and parents have patched up and are living happily together.The old couple have not learnt a lesson yet, they should trhow out the son and his family, and live on their own peacefully. Who will make the food, why, are maids not available to cook, to clean the dishes, and clothes etc.

Have money, world will come to do yr chores.HAHA

Regards

kamal

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear NAvs,

i dont know if u read about the builder Raheja and his children. he dies leaving behind 11000 crores, firs tto his son, then he removed the son and gave all to huis two daughters, and nothing to son.the matter is in court. i blogged about this a few months back here.

Gopal Raheja's new will bequeaths everything to daughters - Economic Times

See what the world is eh !

Regards

kamal

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Symala,

Reverse mortgage i dontknow why the oldies dont like. it gives u ur own home to stay in, and gives u money to spend, its heaven.What will the relatives say is not anyone's business. Children be damned , for if they want to inherit, they must give good money to parents, if not, the parents have the home to give for RM.

Regards

kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ambika,

The MIL must shoo off the DIL, and tell her she can take care of herself, thank u.Well u have not missed much from my previous blogs, u know i write time pass blogs.Yes u may like the jokes more.HAHA

REgards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa,

Sad but true, what u say, what to do, we cant change the children, but we can change our self and our thinking, right ?

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear M swati,

Welcome to my blogs. Wonderful that the parents got back the house.i think new rules shoyuld be passed, taht if parents gift the house or money while they are alive, to their children, and if they want to take it back after some time, then the law must allow that transaction to be reversed, so that sword must hang ove the children, taht if we dont behave the house goes back to parents.HAHA.what say ?

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

In relationships, anytime when love is conditional, this kind of problems become prevalent.

Scenario 1 - Parents have all assets in their name and possession and tell children that whoever takes very good care of them during their old age will inherit most of the assets belonging to them

Scenario 2 - Children demand the assets to be gifted to them when parents are alive or parents give assets to the children with the hope that children will take very good care of them in their old age

Scenario 3 - Parents have all assets in their name and possession but keeps celebrating the milestone the children achieve like getting married, having children, etc., transfer some wealth for each occasion with most assets to be inherited after their death.

Scenario 4 - Where parents have no wealth worthy of inheritance due to their responsibilities during their young age, children feel obligated to take care of such parents because of their responsible attitude during their young age

Scenario 5 - Parents were financially irresponsible with their attitude of not saving for future during their young age and hence children consider them as drain on their wealth even after they get older

Scenario 6 - Children not taking good care of parents irrespective of the parents possessing wealth or parents without wealth

Scenario 7 - Parents feel they would like to be independent without the need for children to support them assuming their wealth would take care of them but when they reach old age, feel the need for children to be around them

Scenario 8 - The children forcing parents to move to old age home so that they don't have physical responsibility but take financial responsibility for their care and visit/call regularly out of love for the parents

Scenario 9 - The parents want to be independent but does not have the strength to live alone or financial means but prefer to stay in an old age home out of their own will and the children visiting/calling them regularly

Scenario 10 - Children emulate the love showered by the parents and reciprocate the love showered by the parents after they become adult with no conditions attached to their love. The assets play no role in their mutual love as neither parents put condition that inheritance will be based on how they were taken care nor the children show the attitude of elder care conditional upon promised inheritance.

In my opinion, ideally, the relationships between parents and their children should be based on unconditional love and should have no relevance to inheritance or social obligation. But in many cases, either children or parents fall prey to their circumstances and situation and may have to live with other scenarios.

In my opinion, life is not led with future in mind in most cases. There are some circumstances in which young adults consider their parents as burden without thinking that the old age brings a lot of insecurity along with it and they would be subjected to such conditions later in their life. Even some parents behave in a fashion not showing true unconditional love to their children, their spouse and grandchildren until they become sick and dependent on their children. Love, obligation to care for each other and sharing should be mutual.

It is not only male children but female children are also equally responsible for taking care of old aged parents. A set of parents who tell their daughters-in-law's parents are not their children's responsibility, lose their rights to demand care from their children and their spouses.

Today, we are living in a world that has equal number of orphanages as old age homes. The concept of adopting children has picked up significantly but the concept of adopting parents who have no one to depend on or deserted by children should also be responsibility of the society. If a couple with their own biological children also prefer to adopt a child, why there is no one who is ready to adopt a parent even if he/she has his/her biological parents?

Viswa

4 people like this.
  9. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

It is sad to know about the situation of the old and sick parents. I dont understand how a son changes so cruel for the sake of money . Atleast the other sons should have come and take them to their house and take care of them. Now a days money dominates the realationship . It is a lesson for everyone not to be a dependent on their children in their last and final days,

10. neetugtb

neetugtb Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji, I know about a case where both son and DIL are well placed, can afford every luxury, parents also have good money to support themselves and are not dependent. The family is very decent and understanding, the DIL is given an upper hand and say in everything, yet the DIL wants separate living but the son is persistent about not leaving his parents. The parents though hurt, want the best for their son, how long would the son be able to put up the battle? What can be said about such people who are blessed with everything, yet they are not satisfied?