1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Siblings - Narcissistic Attitude

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Vedhavalli, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

For a narcissist just answering NO will be like "NAMAKU ORU ADIMAI SIKITANDA" (Can someone translate this Tamil statement to English)

2. netflx

netflx Gold IL'ite

You can translate it yourself? Or need one adimai to sikku for translation? :)

3. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

4. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

How is that? If I say No she would ask endless questions.... are you meaning that?

5. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

She takes it offensive whenever I confront, I said you ask too many questions...
    She copied whatever I made / bought for diwali, even sweets, savories. Said hers is better than mine, before I could say anything my child said that can't be my mom makes better than you.
    She really got mad for that.
    The day before Diwali she kept calling every 2 hrs to check what I was doing, I had to put in silent mode.
    Ditto copying of dress, food really irritates me. She waited until I finished cooking, copying same in the pretext of asking recipe. Finally saying It came out good I followed someone from youtube.
    One could easily tell. I didnt share this to my dh but he noticed the food items. DH is a positive attitude guy said see how good you made, so she is doing same.
    Venting sorry

6. Swetha52003

Swetha52003 Gold IL'ite

Vedhavalli, you need to show her that you are unaffected of her tantrums. If she asks what you are doing for Diwali, just tell “ oh nothing much” .... If she tells that you are hiding from her, just tell” oh, yhea, hmmm, anything else? Will call you later?”... You need to show that you are really cold and indifferent to her childish behavior... If she tells that she does everything better than you, just tell her” yhea, of course, anything else? Will call you later.. bye”!

7. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

No she is testing your limits and see how much you tolerate and adjust her strategy on how she is going to handle you in the future

8. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

This is ridiculous she is spoiling your happiness on festive seasons, you should not have attended her calls for one week during Diwali

Vedhavalli likes this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If the goal is to reduce the information you share, first the frequency of calls and texts has to be slowly reduced.

Anisu and Vedhavalli like this.