1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shrill!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Sep 7, 2018.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

You know me a bit @Cheeniya sir, as you have been kind enough to read whatever I write here. Thanks first to that and for this feedback. But I am surprised that you are awed by it. This is just an accidental coincidence perhaps to someone as fragile as me and I end up collecting the fossils of it more, rather than venturing in to the unknown, because of my lack of ability. As I said in the first paragraph, I am no different and my mind wanders much. The very thought, expectation and a wish that I may experience it again makes me grounded. Even if it doesn't happen again, I am fine with it, though the longing will never cease. And your quote from Saul Bellow was excellent.

You know the two snakes eating each other problem. Don't you? What will remain when they finish? Questions like these made me wonder all along and I end up the same - foolish! -rgs

Cheeniya likes this.
  2. rgsrinivasan

Its the same here too @Urmila and I assure you that I am no different. Perhaps that accidental thing was enough to convince me that my mind too will rest. The pleasure of not being is always felt than ever said. I try talking about it because, I felt it hardly enough. There are a lot of practices suggested by books and people to control our mind, but there needs to be an iota of innocence and that undying hope beyond all self doubts that always bring rich dividends, I feel. Thanks for your like and feedback. -rgs

Urmila likes this.
  3. rgsrinivasan

Dear @Viswamitra,

Thanks for your feedback and a superb explanation. This whole experience feels like a lost love to me. It came before I realized, had blown me apart to regroup anew and eludes me ever since. The longing increases grain by grain, though I am drifting elsewhere. This is actually good too, as I won't condescend and instead stay where I am. Do you remember "The Road Not Taken", by Robert Frost? I am like that guy ruing about the road not taken, may be. But then, this road accidentally came up, where to my limited knowledge, none existed earlier and I acted to preserve self.

I like to experience things first hand and try reliving it by writing about it. The cases where I fail, make me to look for more of them. Thats just me sir. -rgs

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. rgsrinivasan

Thanks @shyamala1234, for your open feedback.
    What would you do if you collect a flawless, translucent pebble accidentally while walking in a sea shore? You never expected it. Now that you found it, you take it, get awed by it and keep thinking about it a few days. Right? Same here madam. I am definitely not different than others at all. In fact, I am way too lazy too! If it were you, would you at least not try searching for more?

I don't know when and if this would happen again Syamala. The more I try looking for it, I may surely fail, I feel. -rgs

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks @periamma, for your glowing appreciation. We all are indeed blessed Periamma. Just that we don't realize how. I am no different than any and I know that for sure. There are a very few verses where I went beyond myself Periamma. Thats fine as I seek more and more apt words that may suit. God is such a beautiful thing that one never wears about. The best quality that befits it is the simplicity with which it is presenting itself all along. May be one day we may get to be one step closer. -rgs

periamma likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This has never ceased to fascinate me. I have read so much about this snake eating snake phenomenon, its significance in various languages. You have set my dormant mind in motion again!

rgsrinivasan likes this.
  7. rgsrinivasan

So I can expect a nice snippet with your trademark humor soon. Isn't it @Cheeniya sir?
    Looking forward to it! :) -rgs

Cheeniya likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:While reading about mind - soul - heart Axis in One of Bhagvan Ramana Maharishi books, I have come across such a beautiful rivetting passage on meditation.
    2. A marvellous experience indeed the probability of occurring to one such would be one in thousand perhaps. You are indeed bestowed with the call.
    3. Your post and responses there to - are all of illuminating nature and kindle the desire to be there.
    4. Kudos to nice expression and choice of phrases in the venerable narration.
    When stalwarts have already written from core of their heart as to what they felt, I have nothing more to add except that in a Bharatha Matha sponsored management programme at NITIE POWAI mumbai a sadhu in saffron robe taught meditation at 5 A.M. for 3 weeks and some of us felt levitation indeed.
    Looking for more shrill from that unnamable distant bird.
    Thanks & Regards.

rgsrinivasan likes this.
  9. rgsrinivasan

@Thyagarajan,

Thanks for your like and a nice feedback. Levitation is no mean thing and in fact very difficult to achieve. By your understatement, I get to understand that you have experienced it! Congratulations!

When I attended the transcendental meditation course at Maharishi institute, Chennai, I came to know of a 10 day Sadhana course where the final goal of it was levitation. I remember seeing many photos of participants in an exalted state then. I was not so serious about it then and in fact even now. It might require a more serious discipline to even try attempting those things. I consider myself as a happy go lucky individual who spots the falling apples, thinking its just for him. -rgs

Thyagarajan likes this.