1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shravanthi.......{Part-II}

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SARASVADIVU, Oct 14, 2011.

1. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hey! Dears..this is the sequel to the first part of the story-'Shravanthi. For those of you who have not read the first part here's the link as well:Shravanthi....... - Blogs - IndusLadies

Do read and give me your chiselling comments dears!!
    Love,
    Saras.

Now, Shravanthi’s only hold, or rather, to call it- ‘a magnificent obsession’ was her son, Akhil;-whom she had to bring up against so many odd situations…

Right from the doctor to the ward-boy, all looked at Shravanthi with contempt..which resulted out of the ‘emptiness’ of her neck-as contradictory to the ‘load’ of her stomach!!

Akhil however compensated for all those ‘ugly situations’, that Shravanthi, had to suffer from;-
    The same people who were condemning the young mother-to-be, had completely undergone a transition..on seeing that tiny ‘Rose that fell from Heaven’-simply called Akhil:--

Her salary of 25,000 that she drew as a teacher..plus her father’s income from the temple..were more than enough for providing Akhil, with all that he wanted!

He became the apple of eye of his mother, who wanted to place the whole world in his tiny laps!!!

That night, Shravanthi had gone a little restless. She just kept walking on aimlessly..until her legs automatically carried her over to that room, which she forbade her son from:

She entered the room and latched it up, in as feeble a noise as possible, so as to not wake up the other two inmates of the house at that hour of the day.

She went near Siddharth’s garlanded photo-…
    All of a sudden, it was as if some electric shock had pervaded inside her body…that was the last thing, Shravanthi could remember.

When she woke up the next morning-

She was startled to find that a few of Siddharth’s unfinished portraits……were lying there in a circle around her-all completed up to the last blob of colour!!

Desigan left for the temple, along with Akhil, as he was too adamant in accompanying his grand-father!!

Shravanthi had applied for a leave that day, as she was in an utter bewilderment.

She had a luxurious bath-which was not possible the other days-, made some strong coffee for herself; -and finally sat in the hall, in a contemplative mood akin to a Yogi!!

As she was gazing at the deserted roads of mid-morning, she suddenly got up -
    With her whole being trembling, she opened the door to ‘Siddharth’s room’ and stepped in-

The next moment, she was almost gone into a trance…and a person who never even fared well in her ‘Drawing classes’ back in School..was literally painting visuals with such finesse!!!!!!

Desigan was seated inside the room of the famous psychiatrist, Rudran..

He was bewildered on seeing Shravanthi, spend most of her nights in the room..and also on the unfinished portraits..being completed??

“See..Mr.Desigan, your daughter’s is a classic case of ‘Extreme love having turned into an OBSESSION’..and in Shravanthi’s case she has been deeply in love with Mr.Siddharth..and it’s that love that still, keeps her going..despite his death.

Sometimes, such a ‘Magnificent Obsession’ gives the person a tremendous bout of subconscious energy.It is this energy, Mr.Desigan…that has bestowed upon her, the ‘talent of painting’ just as Siddharth can!!

“But, doctor..she was never even good at drawing in childhood..”- said Desigan in an utterly bewildered tone, waiting eagerly for an answer from the famous psychiatrist…

“Desigan..this is nothing; I know of a girl..who never ever had been to a single dance class- but when she ‘goes through’ one of those ‘subconscious spells’…she doles out pure classical steps.complete with ‘mudhras’! What will you say for this?”

‘Love..Mr.Desigan, Love has the power to blow up the strongest of fortresses.-and if it’s true love that’s been through the Janmas..the Karmic Pull is even fierce..that’s the ‘Shakthi’ that your Shravanthi has been bestowed with!’

“Nothing to worry Desigan, whatever were Siddharth’s ambitions that lay unfulfilled..the moment they get realized..Shravanthi will be alright; till then, she will not rest…leave her at her pace, or rather in her Love’s own pace’.

The atmosphere was beautiful..in fact, very aesthetic:

The country’s crème de la crème of artists and sculptors had come there for the function; it was the inauguration of ‘Siddharth Art Academy’ in his birth-town, Calcutta.

All the members of the ‘Kalamandalam’ had gathered there to honour their friend and an Icon whom they looked upon:‘Kalamandalam was an NGO started by Siddharth;- The profits obtained by the members, was used towards various social welfare activities.
    In fact, it was Siddharth’s initiatives that paved the way for the renovation of the badly damaged, ‘Little Flower School for the Blind’--It now houses around 150 inmates.

Not just that..his last series of portraits ..centred on Mother Theresa ..{and now completed by Shravanthi} were to be displayed for auction..with it’s proceeds .. to be donated for yet another annex to the ‘Little Flower’!!

“Now let me invite Miss. Shravanthi, who has been instrumental in keeping the flames of Siddharth’s dreams alive…”-the comperer’s voice woke Shravanthi, out of her reveries..

Shravanthi clad in an off-white silk cotton saree looked so divine. While Shravanthi stood up to go to the podium..the whole crowd rose up to give her a standing ovation! Desigan was relishing every bit of the on-going proceedings, with his grandson on his laps!!

She unveiled the portrait of Siddharth, which was painted by Siddharth’s dear students:
    The three-dimensional painting was done in such a way, that, when seen from a distance…the portrait would resemble the austere face of Mother Theresa.

But, when seen at close quarters, it would go to reflect the passionate face of Siddharth!!

The children of ‘Little Flower’ came up on stage, with the help of the Sisters..and sang a beautiful song, that was composed by the talented children themselves, in praise of their ‘Guruji’-Yes! that’s what they used to call Siddharth.

That fitting tribute to their ‘Guruji’ moved everyone in the audience..and it was a tough task for Shravanthi to hide her tears.

Then, the proceedings of the auction were given to Shravanthi by the organizers, to be handed over to the children of ‘Little Flower’:

Shravanthi called Akhil over to the dais..

Akhil, who was just the miniature of Siddharth..came up with his grandpa..his face gleaming with a beautiful smile..

He was made to hand over the gift-money to the youngest of the children of the School.

The applauses were sky-soaring,-that even his father above..would have heard and smiled in sheer bliss!!!

Shravanthi felt that..though she had lived only for a short time with her Lord of Love, Siddharth, -To have been loved by him..and have loved him..was the greatest accolade that life could have showered upon her!!!

And now, her only wish that remained was in bringing up their darling son, Akhil, in a way that Siddharth would have wanted to raise him-a good human-being!

-So, dears, that’s ‘Shravanthi’ -the story of a young woman, whose heart keeps flowing with unceasing love!

In fact in Buddhism ‘Shravanthi’ simply means, ‘a continuous flow of pure love’..
    Love,
    Saras..

2. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Dear Saras,
    "Awesome" is the word!
    Loved the narration style.. Keep more coming!

3. SARASVADIVU

Dear Vidu,

Thanks a ton for your encouraging words..hailing from the writer of a great serial story:):)
    Cherishing it a lot da!
    Saras

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear saras,

Too good my dear!! loved it :)

Akila

5. SARASVADIVU

Dear Akila,

Really glad about getting positive and nice feedback from all of you out there:):thumbsup
    It does keep me going!
    Saras

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras,
    I love the unique narration style, jumping from one event to another first and then providing the links. Though Siddarth's death made me sad the later developments, his son Akhil being born and Shravanthi (what beautiful names, Saras - may be I'll use them in my next story. Tell me what do I owe you in terms of royalty) completing the paintings of Siddarth gave us a feeling that Siddarth had lived a complete life and that he still lives through his beloved and will live as his junior version, Akhil.
    Well done, Saras. No you have raised the bar of expectations and we'll be expecting much more from you. I am sure you can deliver on that and much more.
    love,
    sridhar

7. SARASVADIVU

Dear Sir,

At the outset let me thank you from the bottom of my heart for having graced my page amidst your hectic schedule:)

Sir, am not a writer on your par but when you say that the style of jumping from one event to another..et al is unique then I give into it:)
    As for the royalty-well yes there is:-
    Jus' keep churning out more master-pieces for us to feast over our minds on sir!!!
    Regards & love,
    Saras

8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Saras,

That was very beautiful and touching. I loved the name Shravanthi....wow ..a continous flow of pure love....touched my heart.

After our VR sir says those eloquent words, do we have anything left over dear... I agree with his words and waiting to read more from your end...

9. SARASVADIVU

Dear Lalitha,

To be frank was worried - ennada innum aalaiye kanome-nnu:):spin

Anyways now only too glad for having you grace my page..doubly glad you liked the story as well:):)
    Saras

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful ending Saras.
    What a flow of events, informative and practical too..

‘Love..Mr.Desigan, Love has the power to blow up the strongest of fortresses.-and if it’s true love that’s been through the Janmas..the Karmic Pull is even fierce..that’s the ‘Shakthi’ that your Shravanthi has been bestowed with!’

Very well explained, what true love is!

Sriniketan