Should women visit sabarimalai?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by kanaka, Feb 8, 2008.

1. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

No. Temples have positive energy. To keep up the sanctity and let goodness preval.

Moreover during times of monthly cycle climbing the 18 steps will be physically impossible. What do you think? kanakaBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

it is better to leave certain places as they are, may be they have certain sanctity and it is better not to disturb, and with a modern look we can take it that men are on a picnic to see the lord and leave the spot alone, space is the spice of life..sunkan

3. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

This topic is the rage all over ,more in Kerala I guess.

I agree with you that it is best to leave age old traditions and customs as they are.

The reasons for which women upto a certain age were not allowed definitely would

have been very valid when it was pronounced.Perhaps they do not hold good

anymore ,nevertheless the spirit of the whole issue should be respected and as

mentioned earlier there will definitely be a feeling that certain ancient regulations are

being disrespected and why should we do that ? Sabarimala is a place of worship and

as such it would be unjust to defy ancient traditions.Those who are keen on the

piligrimage should definitely wait their turn and bide their time.

PAULINAMy 2cents

4. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Dear Paulina,

Many reasons are still valid. Unfortunately though women could pay obeisance after 50, the presnt day womn are not physically capable due to some illness pr other. In that context ur right. Taboo had nothing to do discrimination. As told by me sometime back women had control over all family affairs. One cannot claim right. Rights come automatically if we are capable. With all inus points our men do respect us and we do have a say.

Our insistence on certain issues/things are considered trivial by them. We are crazy over ornaments sarees etc. This puts them off. I do agree with them.

To date a discourse by an intelligent lady, a literary work is all appreciated by them. I will never negate the feeling there are discrepancies existing or did exst. believe me it is another lady behind that-may be as mother,sister, MIL.SIL etc.

Man is not that strong compared to a lady mentally. Indian women have been and is treated better when compared to other societies. Thnks for the FB. Contine expressing ur views. Any constructive criticism is good for the mind. Regards. kan:clap:clap:clap:clap:clapaka