1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should Wife Give/share Her Salary With Husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sumalynux, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

I dont understand why we have to hold joint accounts and manifest that we have transparency in the relationship? What are we going to achieve by accounting for each penny the spouse spends..I am talking especially from today's working woman point of view. We have separate accounts..During initial days of marriage, in a tiff created by MIL, H asked should we open a joint account and he manages it wisely, I clearly denied saying if I can earn, i can manage my money as well.From then on we dont even share passwords etc..but if one is in need the other immediately transfers without any questions...
    We initially agreed upon who will be spending for what..Since I earn more, I take care of the HR, EB, maids salary, child care, any big item and he takes care of grocery, veggies purchase, water, clothes..The remaining amount.. we dont even discuss about. I invest it somewhere and he uses it to invest on his business..Coming to our respective families..i take responsibility of mine and he takes his..Period..When I get gifts for my family, I dont see the necessity to even mention it to him nor will i ask what he buys for his FOO. I need this much of financial independence to maintain a smooth relationship...No one should ask for an explanation as to how I spend the money I earn..I am matured enough and adult enough to handle it!

SGBV and Naari like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Kudos to the author of the thread - the robust one with vast multifaceted responses.
    But what happens if DIL is hooked into a joint family. There are instances where MIL had gone to DIL 's office to collect her pay packet and FIL going to DIL's workplace to collect her emoluments from her. Discussion could be a digression but such cases are far too many in Indian Metros!
    Thanks & Regards.
    God Bless us All.

sumalynux, sindmani and Sunshine04 like this.
  3. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Then she should quit her job or quit the marriage!

SGBV, Thyagarajan, sumalynux and 3 others like this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

:eek::eek::eek::eek::yikes::shakehead::shakehead:

SGBV, Thyagarajan, Dishaa and 2 others like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

:wave1::hello:the marriage would go to consummation level only if she adds to the family (joint) kitty. in fact the marriage had taken place because girl is employed. so quitting the job will not solve the problem. quitting wifeship will land her terrible difficulties and hardship to her parents and her siblings.
    thanks and Regards. god Bless Us all.

6. Thyagarajan

:wave1::hello:

7. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

:yikes::yikes:

8. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Wow, if this is real situation- it's very sad. But also very extreme situation- I guess it's a unique case, and we usually don't hear of such situations. Just pray that this is good for her overall out of all the options she has. She must have some reason for marrying with such a condition, so I hope it works out not too bad.

9. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

I think the girl should say 'NO'. In the beginning there will be problems. But take it as a challenge.

I know one of my friends case where they expect her to give her salary to her dh or parents. But she said no. If she know how to get a job, she know how to manage. These are the cases where one think multiple times about not having transparency in managing salary.

10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Wow!!! Talk about pimping their son .
    Chee !!!
    What is the son?
    Shameless spineless rat .