1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should we or shouldn't we

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka, Mar 22, 2009.

1. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Presently he reads Gandhian philosophy. What does that matter to us? Read or don't read ..We have lost many lives.

Is this a transformation- a retrospection of an evil mind? Could this be a gimmick?

Yes he has been dumped by his state. He has been deprived of the very identity to the soil he belongs to.

I mean that youth by name Mohammed Amir Kasab!

Sometimes my mind refuses to hate him.:rotfl There comes a tussle between me and my conscience. It says listen to my rational thinking. Who was Valmiki?
    Was he a less sinner than this Kasab?

Look it takes few seconds few hours of thinking for a man to change. History has witnessed radical changes.

Every time I hear people saying"Hang Kasab" I feel sorry. Is not he a scapegoat of some people with malicious intentions.

Should we show compassion to a misguided youth unwanted by his own parents(on his confession) and the country to which he belongs.

Let us not kill for he has died a hundreth time by now.
    May be this great country can teach what Pakistan fails to! kanaka:rotfl

2. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

hi kanak
    I am happy to be the first to give this fFb.
    Yes I read about this in the news that Kasab is reading
    Mahatma Gandhi's autobiography 'My Experiments with Truth' for the past one week. Kasab is reading the Urdu version of the autobiography. The 500-page book is often given to inmates of jail as part of the reforms and recreational programmes.
    But he killed so many poeple in full senses? In name of Jihad .
    Though agreed that he ws brinwashed but what is the gurentee that once left he would not revert back to same groups.
    I only hope that after reading the book & understanding it he gives his all evidences to track down the groups invooled in it. He has to get his punishment as what he & his fellow did was all against the humanity tthe greatest religion.

3. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,
    That was a soulful one. Like you, even I feel sad for this man called Kasab.Of course it would me blasphemous to have sympathy for such people but then, may be I am made of a different stuff. I feel the same sympathy for this man as I had for all those innocent people who lost their precious lives because of him and his likes. What could have caused him to undertake such a gory mission? I am still to get an answer to this question I have been asking myself.Of course he has to undergo his karma for all the sins committed which cannot and should not be changed for the sake of sympathies from a few freaks like me.
    I feel he too was a victim to some crazy ideology unlike people who have direct reasons (even though they may be unjustfiable) for committing such heinous crimes.(I do not want to mention instances since it may become controversial).
    Today I visited the central prison in Chennai which is open to the public till this month end before it is to be demolished to give place to a new landmark.( It seems Chennai's metro rail project is to come up there). It made me wonder how the convicts, after spending their life there even for a day would think of repeating the crimes and revisiting the place. It was a pathetic place.
    I am going to write a blog on this soon.In that I will write about my feelings during the visit along with a few pictures taken in and around the place.
    Love,
    Malathi

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kanaka,
    The sympathy for Kasab shows our humane nature..no doubt about that..(pagavarkkum arulvaai nal nenje..) show mercy on our enemies..
    But I too go with Jaishree and Malathi in this regard.

sriniketan

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  5. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I also read some where that it was his father who asked Kasab to join the Terrorist group so that they can afford for the family. As Barghavi said it is our human nature and the Sympathy within us that is forcing us to Forgive him. Rant

Money is the factor here that made him join the Terrorist group. The sins he has caused by taking the lives of 100 would not buy him any compassion if he is reading Quran or Gandhi's " My Experiments with Truth".

People would go outrageous if Indian Govt is going to have any feelings for him because he is reading the holy book of Mahatma...

They should be more anxious to find out the gang behind him and put them all to death.

Though Life is not an answer to another life.. People involved in terrorism are like the mad elephants and they cannot be tamed in any other way.

If some one believe that Kasab or any one like him is going to go on the right path after he is released , it would be the most absurd thing to believe..

6. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,
    My heart too goes to Kasab as an individual. I feel he was used by the team, and also brainwashed to believe. Poverty and environment also another influencing factor.

But one dividual has killed 100 over in the name of idealogy. If he is allowed to get away ,then there is no deterrant for future terrorists. To act as deterrant a punishment must meted out & message is no one can get away with such atrocity.

Kasab as an individual needs coaching,counselling and lots of love.(the guy would have lacked love in life) but as terrorist he has to be punished.Bit confusing .

Jaya

7. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jpatma,

What I meant was let him rut and die. Be it Kasb or anyone "Death senetnce" is no solution. We killed Satwant Singh. Did we stand to benefit. For me my country is beyond everything. What I mean is it can never taech other terrorist a lesson. Infact it makes them to think "so what is this the only thing you can do to us. Learning lessons are only for people with sensibility. If they were sensible would they becme seJihadis? Some doesn't even know what Jihad means?

I believe Pakistan has live Bombs- Iam sure you would feel like crying when you see those innocent faces . If by chance our country one of them is taken as captive Can we we give them Death sentence?
    Things have gone beyond leagl implications. Very soon we will face an ethical and moral problem. kanaka