1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should one rely on male friends for emotional support

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by ansh12, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Ajith

Ajith Silver IL'ite

I would say not to rely on male friends for emotional support unless you know them for a long time. Some men take advantage of the situation. Use prudence. Though it is harsh on men, I believe in the following:

"பூனையில் சைவம் கிடையாது, ஆண்களில் ராமன் கிடையாது" - No cat is vegetarian and no man is Ram.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

:shock:

Wow.. another year old thread back again..

3. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Nandshyam Ji

I was also bit surprised. let me tell you I read all your replies and I am your secret admirer now acknowledging openly.

You analyse very well and don't impose your views. You are not at all judgemental, this is what i like in you.

Keep writing

Best wishes
    Ansh

4. amritversha

amritversha New IL'ite

[justify]
    Human relationships, whether authenticated by society or on sheer personal basis are, indeed, complicated and uncertain. Mostly this is because initially people put their best foot forward and open up only when acceptance / commitment from the other side is obtained; also people grow with time. I am a divorcee and have had bitter experiences not only in marriage but also with some male friends subsequently. Incompatibility in married life gets terminated after much suffering as traditionally and under social pressure one tends to continue with the relationship until the water goes above the head. Separation is devastating although it might become unavoidable. But with male friends, a woman has still to be circumspect as social stigma and gossip are always round the corner. There cannot be any criteira for determining who has to be trusted; people do change as I said. My experience is whether married or single males generally tend to go physical with women, more so if they discover a degree of emotional dependence on her part. It depends how far one is prepared to tolerate such men, but one thing is clear never try to repair relationships, otherwise be ready for another pitfall.
    [/justify]

5. alka1960

alka1960 Junior IL'ite

i hv read the valuable thoughts of all the members n i endorse them fully. one thing i would like to share here is tht there is no harm in taking emotional support from male friend but i hv seen in most of cases taking imotional support gets into imotional involvment which in turn instead of doing any good spoils life for ppl involved n their families. hence one has to be carefull while asking for such supports from male collegue or friend

6. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

To my knowledge, when an young man and woman joins and seek emotional support from each other it will be like a boiling water. The anger in you is already started with speed and it seeks some one to support you and give courage and a word that you are taking a right decision.even if it is wrong you expect others to say that you are on the right side of the road.

When you are in need of emotional spirit leave that area at least for a couple of days. If you want to share, post your question in the net see the replies. go to few places and if possible consult your problem with persons elder than you who might have come across those problems.

Decisions taken in speedy way may harm both you and your well wishers.

All persons need a lap to weep. any a lady or Gent. But gents prefers to stay as they have courage and ladies need a place to unload her weight atleast for couple of hours.

If she take rest on a lap, unharm and after few strokes of weep she regain her strength and courage to face them. She also finds a way to come out of that problem.

7. rahul

rahul New IL'ite

Yes provided there is trust, friendship and mutual respect.

The opposite gender usually brings different perspective to things and often it's useful to round out the options/strategies.

8. ShardaSuresh

ShardaSuresh Bronze IL'ite

Hypothetically, there is nothing wrong in getting emotional support from a man. But practically, my experience is that 'there is always a string attached'.

Irrespective of age, the relationship between a man and a woman always leads to a physical need. Sounds very old fashioned but in personal experience it is still true.

9. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Did not realise this is a old thread.But a very interesting qn.

Do not rely on men unless you know them personally for years and you think you can trust them.There are lotz of incidents when the men make you a comic and sometimes it might turn around even worse.

10. alka1960

alka1960 Junior IL'ite

hi sharda
    i endorse ur views fully. hw so ever old fashioned it may sound, but r'nt man n woman r here for many many thousand yrs .