1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should Marriage Bureau Bring Back Mandatory Blood Tests Prior To Marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ChennaiExpress, Jan 29, 2018.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

In USA after WWII, blood test from soon to be husband and wife was required.

God knows who had what disease (men were coming home from war, women experienced sex liberation)

Nowadays, many states (in USA) no longer required blood test before marriage.

Now I am reading post about man asking if lying is cultural, and thinks he got STD from wifey (if I understood correctly, he was only intimate with her), and is inclined to divorce her.

STDs are scary business!

Think you are bored
    Think you are lonely
    Think you are overworked
    Think you are fun-deprived

With STD you will long for boring, lonely, overworked, fun-deprived days.

Honestly, if couple truly loves each other, or couple is truly practical minded, both parties should get tested.

And some diseases may not transmit sexually, i.e. even virgin can have medical issues.

What say you?

Sandycandy likes this.

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Totally agree ! Casual dating and physical relationships seem to be the norm with the current generation. So blood tests are a must ( I think it’s already being done in India right now ).

Coming to the post you mentioned the (holier than thou ) husband had no solid proof that he got the STD from the wife itself. He was involved in other casual relationships too but as usual it’s very convenient to blame the wife. He now claims she has personality disorder.
    So to deal with all this it’s best both the partners get a blood test so there is no finger pointing.

ChennaiExpress and Archanaanchan like this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

That's good. Better to be on safe side. I believe there are STDs that can be contracted without sexual contact, i.e. through spit, human excrement, etc. So it's not stigma for virgin (males and females) to get tested

Oye ve!

And maybe a psychological exam (to weed out holier than thou types!)

Sandycandy likes this.