1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I visit my family?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by neha1, Jul 8, 2010.

1. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

LOL,yes! :)

2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:rotfl

Visu did u do psychology or what?! :) yeah, I like it when he is that way. Infact most times I get annoyed if he tries to wash his plates or does not let me serve food and so on..
    Not that it is my domain but kinda feels good to do things FOR him.

@Tuliplady, I totally understand your point. It is just out of my preference I pamper him. I am not offended by your post and understand your good intention. Thanks Tulip. :)

3. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Exactly,true. You said whatever wanted to
    I feel the same way too:)

Visu,you have 100% correct in your analysis:thumbsup(atleast in my case).

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I consider myself as an emotional person. So, I do relate well to you neha :) But I think you are 5x more emotional type than I am LOL! :)

I know what you mean by "long distance" can be tough, but I wanted to cheer you up, so I did not touch upon it. Fact of the matter is I know what you are talking about.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  5. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Yep, Im super emotional when it comes to DH. I dont really care for the world,otherwise:rotfl

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Yes, I updated my above post to add some :)

7. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Thanks spidey,I thought too that you are trying your best to make me feel better and it worked:). I'm so much releived today. Guess,I"ll get sleep tonight:bonk

8. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

There you have it and that explains it all. Same is the case with my wife, she feels a lot of satisfaction of having fed me and my son. It is difficult for me to understand as I don't care about food myself and complete it as a chore (be it in a hotel, a friend's place or at home). After having marreid, I started distinguishing between subtle tastes and relishing my food, thanks to one particular incident.

When we were newly married my wife used to ask me about what I like in food and I casually mentioned a couple of items like stuffed brinjal and mango dal. She did not know how to make stuffed brinjal and immediately started consulting her mother (and also carried a thick book that she kept secretly with her). And once she prepared the meal, she was so eager to know how it tasted to me. I was in between items and she was carefully looking at what I was eating and asked how is stuffed brinjal. I exclaimed sooooper! The fact of matter is I didn't yet taste it and that's it, she at once lost trust in me and it took a lot of persuasion to make myself look genuine to her. She always remind me of this incident even today. So these days I always eat her preparations and criticize the tastes, telling what I liked and what I didn't like and she is like all ears. If I simply, say something is excellent, she won't believe :bonkIn fact she now really cooks very tasty food and I think it is all because it gives her a lot of satisfaction to see me asking more of something she prepared.

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Ithellam sagajamappa (Translated: These things happen in all homes :rotfl)

10. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

Sweet..I have to learn the skills then:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2010