1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I visit my family?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by neha1, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Well, I'm glad it made you laugh neha :)

But really, can DWs pls. stop acting like your DH is a baby and he wont be able to feed himself, or take plates etc. He'll do fine, and if needed he'll also find a tiffinwala etc. Gosh, what do you women think that DH are clueless idiots? :hide:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Great,the minute I say Dont think DH are clueless, MST posts this :hide:
    He can operate all technology, but MST believes the ruse that he cannot operate an ancient dishwasher :rotfl (Let me go check if I know all the controls in my dishwasher :hide:)

3. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

You are feeling guilty because you are innocently comparing entirely different things that are close to you heart - you desire to be with your husband and your wish to visit you parents and relatives and see their happy faces.

Now the point is why are you comparing in the first place? Don't you think your love should help you overcome any such guilty feeling and that love can exist despite distance and despite being away from each other. I would say that you would realize how strong your love is until you face testing situations as this and that will help your relationship in the long run.

4. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

Ladies, it is not a nice thing to pamper your DH to such an extent. Loading dishwasher is one of the easiest things to do. And men should be able to do that. Tomorrow you girls might not have that much timedue to career/kids etc, so you wont be able to devote as much time to you DH. So pampering him in this manner is only going to increase his expectations from you:hide: And at that time if you aren't able to meet the demands, issues might arise.

Let them do the basics in the house, for eg: They could learn atleast to make omlettes, dal, potato sabzi etc ; cleaning up after themselves, vaccuming etc. So when the need arises they can help around the house.

This is something that I truly believe in. Everyone should be able to look after themselves:coffee

P.S;- I did not want to offend anyone but could not resist this :(

5. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Same here:rotfl

6. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Yep, you made me smile! thanks:)

and yes, I agree men can handle much more and they have been doing so as well. Just that, I tend to get stressed out thinking how my Dh will manage(although I know men can manage). I have spoilt him to the core

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

[ Kidding mode on ]

Pls. say this to anyone else, but not to mst. She is a Super woman

[​IMG]

[ Kidding mode off ]

8. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

You know what? Women (including my wife) even if they show apparent irritation about their hubbies not knowing even basic household chores, somehow enjoy that fact and come to like their hubbies that way. In fact, I would say they are the ones that are spoiling us, otherwise enthusiastic and enterprising hubbies willing to do and learn :) I think, they feel like it is their domain and don't want others to encroach.

Disclaimer: Of course I am talking about specific woman who are not burdened to take care of all household works may be because they have maids (and husbands) to help them otherwise.

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Yes, aren't you the one who was applying for jobs online for him? :rotfl

10. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

@Visu2k,
    Thanks for your post. Yes, I am just comparing. Its like so many people want me at the same time and I don't know where to go:spin.I've had 2 weeks of sleepless night(literally) thinking about this.
    I agree love can exist even away from each other. I have been in a 1 year (8 months when we were dating and 4 months after marriage)long distance relationship and I know the pain. I think I was scared to go through the same pain somewhere again.
    Anyway, your post has given me the confedence that I can manage:thumbsup

@tuliplady,

Agreed to what you say. I've totally spoilt hubby dear:oops:

And ,just to clarify what I meant about the dishwasher was an exaggeration. In my case,DH does know to load it ,operate it, do the laundry,grocery shopping etc. He does work around the house but you know how women feel about going away for sometime.That's what I'm feeling too.Its a combination of different feelings.