Should i trust the EDD as per LMP or Scan???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by bunnyrosecute, Oct 11, 2012.

1. bunnyrosecute

bunnyrosecute Silver IL'ite

Pls ladies i have varied opinion abt this,,Im pregnant n due due next month.Doctor have given my due date as per the scan on Nov 25 n my EDD as per LMP is Nov 13.I have irregular periods before i got conceived.some ppl are suggesting it to go for induction before or on 13 as they are it will be fully grown up n need not wait till 25 as the baby will become bigger n possibility for normal delivery is lesser.pls suggest me.whether some of u got varied dates like this n if so when was it done n what u did..pls ladies help me out..im really worried with this type of mixed reviews..when i consulted my doc she told she will wait till 25 n plan for c-sec later in case if i did'nt get pain ...pls give ur experience on it if u have faced it!!

2. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

Go as per your doctors advice. No need to induce before time. My mom delivered my brother after she completed 10 months. It was a normal delivery and the baby was more than 3 kgs. So just be positive and trust your body to deliver normally.

3. akanksha999

akanksha999 Silver IL'ite

Due date as per 12 week ultrasound scan is most accurate for EDD. Just go by it.

4. meFatima

meFatima Junior IL'ite

Dont worry... Just pack up your hospital bags n be ready as i delivered as soon as the 9 th month started but mom had delivered aftr 10 th month!!!

Make a list of all the things u need to take tothe hospital
    N

Dont panic
    Just
    be ready
    .. All the best

5. meFatima

meFatima Junior IL'ite

Dont worry... Just pack up your hospital bags n be ready as i delivered as soon as the 9 th month started but mom had delivered aftr 10 th month!!!

Make a list of all the things u need to take tothe hospital
    N

Dont panic
    Just
    be ready
    .. All the best

6. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Bunny,

You said "some ppl are suggesting it to go for induction before or on 13 as they are it will be fully grown up n need not wait till 25"....Are they dr's or medically trained people?Why their opinion is more valuable than a dr advice???
    My Due date was 21 but I delivery 10 days before by C section cause the baby was fully grown and amniotic fluid was less....so that time what is correct is decided by dr.
    The EDD calculated by scan is accurate as it is as per the baby's development and EDD as per the LMP is based on the thought that the ovulation happened on the 14th day and the cycle is average of 28-30 days.
    All the babies are delivered theoretically at 40 weeks .And they dont overgrow....and dont need to be induced....If there are any issues then only dr. will suggest for C section....Please read more birthing stories and watch youtube video's ,Vblogs...it will help to understand the things better...all the best.....