1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I Trust My Instinct

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SGBV, Sep 27, 2020.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Even this wouldn't be no different in my household either. The point here is, the P1 changes her mind when there has been significant and more serious information available. These information came up at the last moment, and given this covid19 pandemic, such last minute details and changes are very common. So, the P2 is expected to agree with P1, because that's how they as a family could save everyone's lives during this pandemic.

Covid19 developments are very new to all of us. Sometimes the available information may be fake, unreliable but many times we are expected to take extreme precaution because this is how it is.
    Not just the disease itself, but the entire living is affected including curfews, travel restrictions, lockdowns etc..etc... so we can't compare this situation to any other.

FYI, my instinct was so right. It was right as always, and this time it has proved I can blindly trust my instincts hereafter.
    As you may have read in the news.... The second wave of Covid19 is spiking up in Sri lanka. We had absolutely no new cases for the past 2 months, and the virus has never spread to the community before. But 2 days back a staff member from an apparel factory has been tested positive, and with that some 500 new cases were detected within 2 days. The numbers are expected to be high, so the authorities have locked down the city where the international airport is.
    The incoming and outgoing flights have been banned in the airport, as it was closed until further notice. This sudden spike is unexpected and shocking.
    Thankfully, our flight was cancelled not by us but by the authorities so we are getting the refund.
    The office is understanding the circumstances, which is beyond our control; hence granted me WFH option till December.

Had I traveled to the city where our international airport is on the planned date (to take the PCR test 1 day before the flight, and then to fly from there), I would have been stuck there forever. Given this situation, we are uncertain as to when will they ease this lockdown and release people to their homes.
    Leave alone catching covid19 and struggling all alone without our support system.

Now, my H has started believing and accepting my decisions.

DavenaRosalie likes this.
  2. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

I could not have said it any better.

SGBV likes this.