1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I share adoption news with friends and relatives

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by Mahi2000, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Mahi2000

Mahi2000 Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends
    I am awaiting turn to adopt a child. I would like to know when i should share with friends and relatives about my child...should i tell about my adoption to not so close friends...what kind of words will be appropriate when i share with others.
    Can anyone suggest me website for choosing good baby names.
    Thank you in advance.

2. Mahi2000

Mahi2000 Bronze IL'ite

Anybody who adopted ..can you help me.

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

dear mahi
    I dont think you need to tell about adoption to all, its suffice you tell those close to you because they will understand you better may help you to incase you need help...

Good luck dear wish you All the best:thumbsup

2 people like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Mahi,

Please read my thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/adoption/178827-informing-the-child-about-adoption.html to understand the issue of informing the child. In general, it is my humble opinion that adoption related discussions with others should be restricted on need to know basis and everyone need not be informed about the adoption. This will avoid accidental communication with the child, before the parents got a chance to inform them. If we have family related issues, the parents should take complete responsibility to prevent accidental communication from others directly to the child before the parents inform the child. It is very important that the parents inform the child first.

I would not hesitate to tell here if you find risk from close relatives, you should move out to seclude the child from such exposure. It is my opinion that the child's welfare is much more important than anything else.

Viswa

4 people like this.
  5. Mahi2000

Mahi2000 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Viswa, for taking time and answering my queries . I really wanted someone to answer. I waited for such a reply. I guess your reply i suffice at this stage of mine.

6. sunis

sunis Senior IL'ite

go your babiesname website

7. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mahi2000 sister,

Congrats on this great decision of yourself and your Dh. May baba bless your family with joy and happiness always.

Yes, as Viswa brother has put it right, the parents need to disclose this information whichever stage it may be to the kid, so it is better to avoid many people knowing about this, except the next of kith and kin who are absolutely necessary to be told.

Be strong, have a deaf ear to external comments and enjoy the positive amongst your family only. Of course the kids school circle and neighbour's circle be cool in answering any conversations. Slowly develop the feeling the kid is totally yours which will help in overcoming emotions and the bonding would be great.

May baba give you strength and guide you at every step ahead, Happy days ahead, Best wishes.. :thumbsup

Sorry some how missed this thread.. anyway better late than never...

3 people like this.
  8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister SaiSakthi
    Whichever post you make appearance you spread the love of Sai Baba and its full of positivity...:bowdown:bowdown Thank you dear.. Love You:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  9. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear Mahi :)

I must congratulate you on taking this important and welcome decision of adopting a child. I too agree with bro Viswa's post that it is not necessary to share this information with one and all. And where is the need to announce it to the public. It's a personal decision, and should be shared among those who really matter to you.

I wish you, your family and the child a great life ahead!:thumbsup

2 people like this.