Should I look for Indian / Non-Indian Doctor nearby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by meghakapoor, Dec 5, 2007.

1. meghakapoor

meghakapoor New IL'ite

My sis recently found that she is pregnant and is looking for OB/GYN. She is confused whether she should opt for indian doctor or any non indian doctor nearby. Any thoughts from your side will be appreciated. It would be helpful if you can provide some explanation supporting your answer.

Thanks,

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friend,
    it is her comfortable level .like some prefer only lady doctor due to slight private nature of this situation.also,many prefer an indian doctor as they are more open to our fears & understand when we try to explain why we are not eating certain food(as our mother or mil may have adviced against it)
    as far as i suggest she should go for a doctor which is near to her place so that travelling involved is less.

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Just look for a good doctor,that's all.If you look only for an indian doctor,you might end up getting disappointed. Yes,most of us are not very comfortable when it comes to male gyneacs,so maybe there it is better to look for a female gyn.

Last time,by mistake,I ended up with a male gyneac.But he was very professional and always during check-ups,a female asst used to be present in the room.Even though,I was always for female gyns,somehow,I never felt uncomfortable even with a male gyn.