1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Should I get Asus Transformer vs. Ipod vs. Ipad mini?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Kera, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

Currently, I have an ipod 3rd gen and I use it all the time. Before I got to bed (I fall asleep surfing), while in the bathroom, listen to youtube cooking or cleaning, while walking/running on treadmill or when I am half watching tv. I love it. But the problem is:

1) This ipod is for family use and I can’t take it out with me since I have other siblings who want to use it.
    2) Being 3rd gen many of the apps that I once used are not compatible.

I am looking to get something for myself (not share with family), plus the new gym doesn’t have entertainment. For gym bigger screen like the Ipad will be nice but I don't mind the current screen size of the Ipod as I can put that in my tiny purse or pocket. I am debating between:

1) Ipod 5th gen or even the Ipad mini (what is the major diff between those?)
    2) Asus Transformer (I think it’s cool that I can transform it into a netbook & can use it for office/study purpose unlike the apple product)

I know the touch screen is perfect on Apple product. I am not sure how Asus is but I seen few people with it and they are very happy with it.

2. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

I would suggest Android any day. You don't have to deal with iTunes ever, the freedom from iTunes is something awesome.

Also you will find apps that are not device specific, its Android version specific. With Android, with little tech savviness (I dont know if that word exists!) you can install any version of Android in any device. Google Cyanogenmod for more information.

I do not know which brand of tablet is better however, but its best to get a quad core, 2GB memory device for better response and graphics. Samsung is always the best IMO. Lenovo is also OK.