1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I follow my own style or latest trends?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anika987, Sep 9, 2013.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I have lost a lot of weight and am quite fit now.people say that I should start wearing sexy clothes.To be honest,when i first came to usa i tried all the fashions,shorts,mini skirts etc.it did suit me but i felt so conscious and
    uncomfortable.I now wear stylish,fashionable fitted clothes but not revealing.people say iam wasting my new look and beauty won't last hence flaunt it.some people annoy me that i do not have the guts.

I am too confused.should i try out wearing shorts and tank tops again?
    It suits me but i feel conscious.

what are your thoughts? we live life once..should i just get out of my comfort zone?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013

2. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Do, what you actually want to do !!!

Am never comfortable going sleeveless or sometimes even get conscious wearing a Capri.. And I wear what I am comfortable and feel at ease with !

When it comes to clothing, being in your comfort-zone is the best !

PS : When you work / study getting out of your comfort-zone, and thinking & doing out of the norm, is best !

3. Jessica.sharon

Jessica.sharon Silver IL'ite

I would suggest that you do what you wish to do to at your liberty. What you wear or done wear is your choice. Fashion and comfort go hand in hand and just because you want to be fashionable you cannot wear the uncomfortable clothes around. You can wear what ever you wish to wear as long as you or the people around you dont find it objectionable. Its just like what you might wish to wear if you are at home where you would chose your most comfy wear to be in so similarly try to maintain the same trend outside too.

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Wear what you feel comfortable wearing. Do ask some trusted friends for honest advise.If you do want to wear something but are uncomfortable wearing it ...try it at home first a few times. Check for honest opinion and then wear.Knee length or just below the knee ,fitting skirt looks much more smarter and sexier than a tiny mini.

5. sriraj

sriraj New IL'ite

Wear what you feel comfortable.

6. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

You only know what is good for you and what suits you. So go ahead!

7. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Most of the times, if you are not comfortable with an outfit even though it looks great on you...somewhere that uncomfy feeling shows...either in your walk,your gestures, facial expressions etc.

In my opinion, a happy, easy going and confident look onnthe face matters more than the most stylish outfit on the body.

So, wear what you feel looks good on you!

8. thestylishmothe

thestylishmothe New IL'ite

Just do what you want to wear, choose were you are comfortable because it will look better wearing it with confidence than trying new fashion trends with no confidence on it.

9. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

i think if you are able to carry off, good. I personally feel that too much skin exposure for a person not used to (from childhood) , it usually shows in their posture and also in their entire appearance. If you are very confident , wear it. I think its more about attitude than anything. Your clothes should reflect your attitude. Dont just let your clothes and hair do all the talking. I my opinion, clothes should reflect ones attitude, priniciples, age, situation or occasion they are in. Also, dont try to look very different from the rest of the crowd. JMO.

10. reemap31

reemap31 New IL'ite

Hi,
    For sure modern or western outfits will really gives an exciting new look and a younger look.But you must be bold enough to do so.Nowadays every women like to dress moderns and some dreams for a celebrity looks. Do not dreams try it and enjoy.