1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I Call Or Not Neighbor Who Is Troublesome

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vedhavalli, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Am I Not Smart? Or I'm Too Good

This is my previous thread reference of what happened in the past.
    I'm totally uncomfortable with her. She lies on face and reverse the plate upon asking directly.
    Should I call such a person to get prasadam of varalakshmi Pooja?
    My mind says a Big No.
    But the other neighbors would ask why I didn't call her?
    Or they themselves would invite her to my house.
    This lady who is so bossy and tells things from there here, here from there. I completely stopped going to the potluck things since my kiddo started schooling.
    Even I change the direction of my TV or buy a furniture. She will ask minimum of 10 questions.
    I practically try to avoid her, and doing it.
    Now I'm in a state I have call ladies for taking prasadam. Other ladies will ask why she isn't invited.
    What to reply?
    How to avoid questions from others.
    If tell them I forgot, it would be obvious for them to back bite.

PS: my mom said invite her, give prasadam. Not a minute talking. Tell your going to temple.
    DH said: don't invite anyone, give prasadam in temple.

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

That DH, he is a clever one, isn't he ?
    And besides ( I looked into wikipedia) apparently the pooja is to pray for the wellbeing of the DH. "Varalakshmi Vrata is performed by married woman for the well being of all the family members, especially husband, to get progeny etc."
    What could be better for the wellbeing of a husband than having a happy, less-stressed wife ?

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Is there some flexibility in which (Fri)day you do the Pooja? If so, schedule it when she is having her monthly guest over. : )

Vedhavalli likes this.
  4. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Hehehe I think my DH too meant the same.:tonguewink::D

5. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

My advice would be to Invite her, but let her know that you have another appointment within 5-10 mins after she arrives.

6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

vedavalli , you worry too much ! Life is too precious to spend more than a second on people that make you unhappy . Either invite her and ignore her behavior or don't invite her but also don't worry about what other friends are going to think about it. You seem to lose your peace of mind over what other people think or do. You cannot control others actions , so it's a pointless excercise . Plus it's a religious ceremony , so the focus should be on the pooja rather than the guest list . Take care !

Agniamber11 and Vijaya@17 like this.
  7. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Simple. Don't invite her. And don't give responses when other women come / ask. Just ask every one to come at their convenience rather than all together at a set time. If they ask about your nemesis, just say, perhaps she'll come later and change the topic. In case she tags about long, be gracious but don't pay her much attention.

Rihana and sindmani like this.
  8. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

It seems like all your threads you open are about friends and the issues that you have with them. I think you need to stay away from people and lead your life, I too don't have a lot of friends and if I do have some, I find faults and quirks in them, so instead of bugging myself out and those around me with complaints about them I stay away from them. I believe in if you can't accept a person with their faults then no need to spend time with them or be friend them.

Sandycandy and sindmani like this.
  9. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

but, where is the joy in being isolated without friends/neighbours? I.e., what is dysfunctional, without the fun in the middle ? The OP could invite the neighbour, and post the details on the drama that came about.

Sandycandy and sindmani like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This is actually a good idea and how my friends conduct this event. There is a 3-4 hour window during which the women are invited to drop by. To accommodate working women and so on.

=================
    Maybe OP should move to a community with less stay-at-home-wives and more working women.

sindmani likes this.