1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

should families eat together?

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Huma, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi everybody

in the olden days indian women serve first their husband and children and eat after....

nowadays most people eat at different time....but i think one time at least we have to eat together... and that's what we are doing on sundays which is my busiest day....i am glued to the kitchen.

so do u eat together?

2. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi Huma,

We will eat daily dinner together and on weekends all meals too as we are three in my family.
    I think it is a good idea to spend some quality time with family as everybody has their own business to take care of.
    What you said is true women used to glue to thekitchen and rest of the family was enjoying while eating.That was good for those days.I do not think it is aspplicable now as things in everyfront has changed a lot.
    My mother is a working woman and on weekends she used to spend all the time in kitchen cooking everymeal and snack for a family of 5.In my parents house also we still eat toghter.

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

We eat together every night. Its our top priority.

4. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Huma,

Its very important to have food together atleast once a day. This is a good time to bond with each other. During this time there should be no books/newspaper or tv on. This time should be best utilised to enjoy the food and exchange thoughts or for small talks.

My DH and i have our b/fast, lunch and 90% of the time dinner too together.

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear HUma

eating together is a good bonding time for the family and you can discuss a lot of things together as well, we have our breakfast and dinner together, lunch i have it with my bro and sis since we are in the same business we have our lunch together. my younger sis works so she has her lunch at work, so dinner time is our main time together

alpa:cheers

6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear HUma

eating together is a good bonding time for the family and you can discuss a lot of things together as well, we have our breakfast and dinner together, lunch i have it with my bro and sis since we are in the same business we have our lunch together. my younger sis works so she has her lunch at work, so dinner time is our main time together

alpa:cheers

7. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Thank you guys for the feedback. bye.

8. Ambige

Ambige Bronze IL'ite

YES....Eating together is a must for families. There were bonding between family shows up. Also our kids learn to share and eat. We can teach our kids to share and eat in the practical way. The great example like when we feed our kid, sometimes the kid take the food in its little hand and feed us. I feel so happy to eat that small food. Like that we can teach our kids on sharing. When we share our food, we also share our love. Whenever we have dosa in our home, i'm the person putting nice dosas and serving.
    I feel happy in making others to eat when i'm doing dosas. Because i want the family members to eat the hot/warm dosas. These little little happiness makes the life wonderful. :thumbsup