Should Admissions Be Holistic Or Entrance Exam Based?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Rihana, Feb 16, 2021.

1. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear Hrastro. Your words here have helped clear several conundrums in my mind. :)
    I love love love what you said about working on strengths and not on weaknesses. This is so important. :)

Your idea of working on internships is the most practical way ahead. I cannot however think clearly how one could try out an internship in the medical field (Doctor). Could you suggest something?

2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Sorry !! I'm travelling and also busy with students and classes while travelling - so I had not logged in for sometime...
    Just saw your message!

Hahahaha most students also understand this and suddenly are like OMG why didnt I think that!

(Well, you need to consider the pandemic of course)
    But I know people who volunteer to fill out forms at the hospital or organize people in a line, bring tokens, get water or wheel chair, assist at the emergency! But you need someone at a known hospital to trust you.
    Or you could start by taking up a first aid course or fire safety course and go from there. Volunteer with the school nurse!

Internship doesn't mean that the student becomes a doctor, just being around a hospital can teach you a lot.

When medical camps happen in town for poor people (so many non-profits organize them) - just give medicines to people - I have had little kids packing medicines, arranging beds, bringing water, filling basic personal forms etc during these camps..