short term courses in USA

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by shyamal, Oct 17, 2007.

1. shyamal

shyamal New IL'ite

HI
    all :wave

i m shyamal,i m new to this community.i got married in june and currently residing at seattle with my husband....i m on h4 visa.and we are going to live in seattle til next june.i m searching some short term courses here....but i couldnt find it.
    can anybody suggest some courses which i can do here......

with best
    regard
    shyamal

2. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

hi shyamal

me too....looking for any short term courses. Am also in H4 and will be here till next june in Pittsburgh. Am here for the past 2 months. I enquired many colleges and university for online and campas programmes. But couldn't find a proper one. Some of the universities near our area called me and asked me about my education backgroung. But as soon as i tell them that we are from India and looking for a short term course they are not responding properly and wil say "wil get back to you soon" :-(
    if u dont mind may i know ur educational background ? jus want to knw if we are sailing in the same stream...means same background.

warm regards:wave:wave

3. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi Shyamal and Shuba,
    I am here since July and will be here for the next two yrs.I tried a whole lot of things including work from home,study everything.Believe me I researched on all possible things
    What I found out is U need to do a GRE/GMAT/TOEFL and then get into colleges which was an expensive option for me and the second reason was I have done my MBA so no use doing it again. So I have decided to go for self study and doing Insurance certifications which is my field of study.There are various certifications for computers which are available in Microsoft website.

Since it was almost impossible for me to stay at home 24/7 I decided to volunteer at the Library.They give me small projects like DBMS work (which I know coz I am not a computer person) and I help people in Internet training.
    That keeps me busy and I can check out books for my own study.I simply love it.
    some websites that can help are:
    A+ Certification | MCSE Training | MCSE Certification | CCNA | Network+ | CISSP and Security+ Training
    U can visit compny websites like IBM,microsoft and cisco

Regards,
    Bipasha

4. Vrundamanake

Vrundamanake New IL'ite

Hi there,

Just read ur posts.. Same with me. I recently moved here and on L2 Visa. I can work but then I have to arrange for Day Care for my 3year old son, and the fee they charged is as good as the amount I'll earn. So was thinking to do some short term course. I have no interest in Computers :(
    Any suggestions for me ??
    thanks

5. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Most of the colleges offer summer/winter short term courses. There are a wide variety of subjects included. Just do a google search for the colleges in your area and the courses they offer.

Vrunda,

UCSF has so many credit and non-credit courses, but most of their locations are in and around downtown SF. For sure the colleges in Santa Clara/San Jose too might have similar courses.

Indu