1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

****Shopping with Dhrithi ----Part-1*******

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swaran, Feb 9, 2011.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dhrithi (17 months old now) always sticks to me like hard glue during weekends...on sundays,i try to take her out for a small ride for local shopping..after a long time,last sunday i took her for small shopping..since it was a sunday,there was too many crowd wherever i went...along with that maintaining a my sweet naughty DD would be too tedious for me...

Went to the supermarket,she was quiet...i caught her tiny fingers and took her wherever i went. .she came happily dancing,singing and talking to herself..after doing a mini shopping for 10 min,started to stand in the queue to make payment...one could easily imagine how the q would be in a super market that too on a sunday evening.:spin..i was a little worried thinking about what all naughty things my DD would do and where all i need to run...nothing happened that sort...:lol:

Meanwhile D was carefully analysing the things in the nearby shelfs and found chocolates:banana...immediately she grabbed a handful and informed me that she was taking them...now i need to get the chochlates from her hand without creating a mini film there...then i found a packet of gems (1 is better than 5) ,showed her and asked her to keep the chocolates back in place...my sweet darling immediately accepted and kept the chochlates back in the correct box,infact she kept the similar chocolates that had fallen from place into the correct boxes...i was so proud to see this behaviour of hers...she kept checking whether that pack of gems still in my hands...every 2 minutes she kept checking for the gems either in my hand or in the grocery basket...in case not found,immediately she ll start digging the basket and ask "chocky" "chocky" for which i have to show her chochlate or else one more chochlate from the rack would come to my hand :bonk...

She stood for sometime in the same place but was fiddling with or arranging(according to her) the small items that were in the nearby rack,dint drop or mess with anything but was only changing places in the same shelf,so i dint mind and neither did anybody there,good for me ...After some time she got irritated standing in the same place for a long time and hence carried the basket(too heavy for her but still she managed to carry them),confirmed the chocolate in my hand (main item in the list) and pulled me and said "amma...polam"(amma,lets go)....she said "polam" for the first time,i was so happy that she was learning new words along with good manners(keeping the chocolates back in place)...by this time all in the supermarket who were smiling looking at this naughty angel's behaviour started laughing..thank god for me,the queue started moving a little fast now and i got the bill done and got DD out...

While making the bill ,D confirmed that i got her 5Rs chockys billed...now,how can i put the chocolate back on the rack when she was such a nice angel all the time...

***Shopping with Dhrithi ----Part-2*******

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Ohhhh dear...My sweet kisses to your wonderful angel...Hugs to her :)

3. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

so cute and nice of your daughter....

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ice and omsrisai...thanks for your comments...
    ice ,will pass on your hugs.. :)

5. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Cute...

Cheers,
    Saarang

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Cutie,
    Its such a sweet thing and so intelligent for her age... Swaran you are grooming her the right way yaar congrats...

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hey VJB...thanks for reading my blogs patiently and its wonderful of you to drop comments in all places
    it encourages me a lot....:thumbsup

9. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Had I also been there in the supermarket, I would have left my job running behind Dhrithi! for I love kids so much and the narrations you have given, I was virtually konjufying her.

My tight kisses and warm hugs to the cute lil one!

10. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Dear swaran:)

Such a cute daughter you have.....:thumbsup