Shopping malls & things to purchase

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants' started by brindaarun, May 4, 2009.

1. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Hi

Suggest some good shopping malls in KL,Langawi,Genting...
    Suggest the items which are cheap in malaysia compare to India....
    Hope i will get a list ....

Thanks in advance

2. smith123

smith123 New IL'ite

Hye,

U can buy cosmetics and beauty products lot of variety at Maidin , and Watson for damn cool prices.
    U can buy electronic Gadjets like video cam, digital photo camera, ipod, digital photo frame,laptop,DVD all .... things at damn low prices.
    If there is PC fare around the time u visit. Than U must try.

Genting not much idea, since its amusemnt park, however there are lot unique things there which u can buy but would cost u a lot.

In langkawi, U can buy choclates in plenty since its costs less compared to KL and also they say Hard drinks cost damn cheaper ...Malls in malaysia are
    1 One Utama Shopping Centre
    2 Mid valley mega mall and Garden Mid valley very famous shopping center.
    3 Time square.(got 1000 outlets and theme park can be easily accessible by monorail.)
    4 Mines wonder land - Situated by the Mines Waterfront and Palace of The Golden Horses, this unique mall offers its visitors boat rides within the mall and out to the Mines Waterfront Lake. A variety of shopping outlets can be found here. This place is very famous , u can find this place has been shooted in many films. And much more.

3. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Hi Smith

Sure i will try these places during my visit....
    Ur reply gives me a good idea about the malls... Thank you very much...

4. smith123

smith123 New IL'ite

Few more thing forgot to mention.

Lot of baby products , available for new born babies, and also childhren, like auto tooth brush. booties, gloves, etc ...

For women, modern causal t shirts, 3/4 pants, jogging pants etc ..ranging for 10rm onwards, available in local brands to International brands. U have to many brands to choose from.

The discounts what they offer is nothing comparable to what one is offered in shopping malls in India. Its for real. buy 1 get 1 free, 50-75% discount wow. And buying during festival season is crazy. My local friends do there diwali shooping during Ramadan.. since new stock and many discounts are avilable compared to diwali time.

Ladies formal pants and shirts for office wear is too good.
    Swim suits available here are so trendy and complete compared to what weget in India. And its not at all costly since its made of polymer ..costing from 80rm,120rm,180rm(fully covered).
    Broches.( 10 rm onwards malaysian women use them to pin there scarf so it is avilable in plenty and also very economical same thing u would buy in India for 350 or above.. as far as i know.And the designs here are so good)

Foot wear:- special outlets and stores are there for designing special footwear to ones needs and problems arsing from there feet. like heel pains,spurs. etc .. special insoles..etc .. acupunture footwear.

U can buy aromatic oils, for massage as malaysia is famous.

Buy carpets back to home , seen few of them buying and taking back home .
    Men casual wear is also very good.

U can buy at watson,baby automatic toothbrsuh, facial steamer for 30rm only. and also foot sauna also there just check out ..many things keeping these in mind and shop

Theres lot more out there . Thats all for now.Cheers.

5. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Hi Smit

Wow thanks a lot.. really you are great i had asked ideas for my shopping. You gave the ideas as if it is for you.... So nice of you...

If you dont think i am not disturbing you so much can you tell me these things
    1. Is there any specific name for the automatic baby brush
    2. I am planning to do hair staraightening in Malaysia is that a good choice.. if so how much they charge? any trusted salons you know?

6. smith123

smith123 New IL'ite

Hye,

sorry for late reply, I was busy as I got relocated from penang to KL and now in the heart of city looking for good apartment. Wow, thanks that my info was very useful.
    I do not know the brand name for brush . but u can go ahead for that .
    Reg, Hair straightening. My cousin got it done as she found rates in chenani were around 4500 but when done at penang it was 2500 only . so she went ahead, Malaysia is famous for hair straighening they give u oil and after care shampoos etc. and get it done in chinnese outlets . I do not prefer it getting done at Indian outlets.thats my personal opinion.
    u can look in rates at some saloons , than choose the best one .
    All the best.

7. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Hi smith

Your tips was very useful... I had a wonderful week there. I did hair straigtening in KL in a chinese parlour. it is good. but they didnt give oil and after care products. I did for 200RM.

8. smith123

smith123 New IL'ite

Hye Brinda,

Sorry, My reply came too late. Anyhow, its wonderful to hear that u had good time in Kl and u done ur hair straightening.
    do let us know ur experiences.We would love to hear. Have gret day.

indirabathu likes this.