shopping list guidance for R2I

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by anjalika400, Sep 22, 2010.

1. anjalika400

anjalika400 Junior IL'ite

please give me some suggestions as to what are the things I should buy from US and ship through cargo before moving to india. We have no space problem in India and we have a 10 moths old baby .I know most of the things are available in India but everytime I went for shopping in Indian malls , those products such as kitchen ware , electronic such as laptop etc. are pretty expensive compared to the price of the same items here.Also comforters , bedskirt, etc are not the typical style of bed making so those are not available.Please give me your suggestions about stuff which will be useful and so ealily available or economical in indian market including househole, electronics, dresses, jeweleroes and baby stuff or toys etc.I am a first time mom and go through a lot of hardship while trying to manage baby and everryday life single handedly, so I needed some experienced opinion from you all.Sould I buy and ship a good quality crib cum toddler bed for my baby as cribs are not so usual in india and I don't know how bed, bath , feeding arrangements are done in india for babies. I want to maintain almost the same lifestyle in india and planning to ship necessary stuff for that.please help.
    thank you all so much

2. simple1

simple1 New IL'ite

Hi Anjalika,
    As we know wa cant compaire the quality of the products here and in india and we cant bring all things with us in India. So lets start with electronic things. You can purchase Laptop, Digital Camera, DSLR, MP3 players, Music systems and all their asseccories from here, as all such producta are twice in price in India, its really worthy to buy it here.
    For Baby Products, you can bring body wash, body cream, baby oil as the baby skins are very sensitive so its difficult to try new toiletries for her. Also you can buy good electronic toys for your baby, like musicla book, phone, different learning toys etc. Books are really nice here and few soft toys. If you are going permanently to india, then buy few of the toys with growing age.I think you can get a crib in india. But you can get a car seat and stroller from here beacuse of the good quality and security purpose.
    For Home stuffs, You can get kitchen spoons(Kitchen Collection), peelers(From Ikea-gr8 quality)all other items can find in india too.Yeah I agree with you the similar beddings style we cant find in india, so if you wanna ship comforter and whole bedding set you can do that just keep in mind your bed size.
    Also make sure how much they charge for the shippment, As i gone through few sites, they charged around 3 -4 times more than our product prices.
    I hope this will help you.
    Wishing you all the best for your travelling.