Shopping in UAE- House hold items

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Dubai' started by Dewdrop, Jun 28, 2007.

1. vidhdubai

vidhdubai New IL'ite

Re: Best place to buy Pressure cookers & Steel vessels in Dubai?

hi
    u have ramadan sale everywhere now. during this time u get reduced price prestige aluminium and non stick handi types in carrefour,lulu and geant.
    i checked checked the prices when i went this time to chennai they r definitely cheaper in dubai without mrp taxes. so my advise is buy cookers here and for steel vessels goto abdul rahman and sons in al quoz . i can vouch for their products. invest a little bit for ur vessels and they will come for so long.brands like brabanita is so good for making kanji,tea and not a little bit sticking and washing problem will be there.
    steel vessels go for heavier ones as they are long lasting. never buy the cheap non stick vessels for 10-20 as they r toxic to health.
    u get so many varieties like tupperware. rubbermaid is excellent.

hope this is useful for any new comer to dubai

vidhya

2. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

hi Dew

I am in Diera Dubai. As everyone said best place for Stainless steel or any other indian item is in Lulu or carrefour.

I can help you with Tupperware, i can give you catalogues, but it will take little time to come from india. If you re in need of lunch boxes i have so any varieties of Tupperware. I am was a consultant and my MIL is there in India who is currently doing it.

I have also come across Tupperware in Souq.com

Send me PM if you need tupperware.

3. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dew Sorry i forgot to mention that winter clothes sale was there recently in Brands for Less. It was real good ones. Brands for less is there in Lamcy and riqqa as far as i know.

4. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    This thread will cover shopping for household items.
    Regards
    USHA

5. jezz_nish

jezz_nish Senior IL'ite

hi dewdrop
    i know its a very very late response,but still u can use this info for the next winter
    for winter clothes at reasonable prize,check out babyshop ,fine fair, n the best time 2 buy is during sale,at babyshop there is a slae by the end of summer,u get good stuff n good prices then,dnt wait till winter starts 2 buy.even mothercare,bhs,pumkin patch,tape e loiel,adams u can check out during sale time u get some stuffs at reasonable prices.sana n safeer also u can check,nuthin great but u can buy stuffs for ordinarry use,kids night pyjamas etc.

good luck for the next winter
    take care
    jess

6. rajkapoor

rajkapoor New IL'ite

You may find the same with Carefour and also you may get it from Irani Market which is located Near Dubai Cinima.

thanks

7. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

i usually buy my pressure cookers from india but here in the uae i feel k m trading is a good one.

8. Srividyak

Srividyak Senior IL'ite

Hi!

Even Lulu Hypermarket is good, in fact the prices in lulu is lesser than km trading.

Srividya

9. globalblue

globalblue New IL'ite

I am also looking for the same stuff and i will look in the place you mention,

Thanks a lot for helping.

10. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I'm planning to buy Hawkins stainless steel pressure cooker (2 litres) and couldn't find one so far...I've tried in all branches of Lulu. They have aluminium stuff only...Can anyone tell me if its available in dubai or sharjah?

Waiting for your replies,
    Devi.