shopping in Sowcarpet

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Traveller, Mar 22, 2008.

1. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Friends

Sorry for not coming here ( i think they have merged 2-3 threads, thats the reason i missed )

AANANDHI

I got few KURTI materials from a shop in the royapetah main road , i think , shop name is GUJARAT EMPORIUM, they sell gujarat handicrafts also

They got very very beautiful collection of materials as well as readymade kurti's in all price range

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  2. ratnakesavan

ratnakesavan New IL'ite

[Hi frens,
    I am Ratna from Malaysia. I heard that sowcarpet is a place where u can get a huge range of collections for jewellery and cloths.I and my husband plan to visit this place in two days time. Anyone can let me know where i can get a nice collections of artificial jewellery. This is my first time to this area. Thanks frens.:

3. AjithaRani

AjithaRani New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I would like to purchase designer wear sarees for a marriage reception. Since I learnt from the thread that its cheaper at Mint Street, am interested to get there, but do not know how to go to that place. Could anyone of you please give me directions to reach the designer saree shops at Mint Street from Parrys Corner Bus Depot.

Hoping to get a reply at the earliest. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
    Ajitha

4. coolmoon

coolmoon New IL'ite

i need to know few shops names & address at sowcarpet who sells readymade cotton salwar suits.

5. Raff

Raff New IL'ite

Hi all....i'll be travelling to India next year to purchase bridal lengha for my sister....can you guys pLease suggest where can i find exclusive boutique lengha (budget :within 25,000 rupee). I have been to pothy's and t nagar...didnt fancy much....hope you guys can help me...thanks alot

6. lionness1126

lionness1126 New IL'ite

Indusladies, you are very resourceful for all the ladies, especially NRIs. Thank you.
    Looking for fine quality North Indian costume jewellery like kundand and poki in Sowcarpet. Is it available in Mint street or NSC Bose road or any other street? Any specific shop? Thank you for responding.

7. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

The shops for jewellery starts from NSC bose road itself, and both are adjacent streets so never matter if you dont like shops in NSC you can check out Mint street.

8. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Raf,

You can always check shops in Sowcarpet for bridal lehenga. There are lots of shops i remember Rangeela in chinna naicken street. Same street you have 2-3 more shops.

1 person likes this.
  9. SharuBalaji

SharuBalaji New IL'ite

Sowcarpet we get very good damn cheap - weighless sarees( Believe me the saree weighs only 30 Gms ) and it is so light on u ... I love sowcarpet sarees such nice combinations and designs and also 1 gram gold accessories .
    I got my Reception saree there for a very very nominal rate and i Love it ...
    The shop name i used to go is " Namratha " .

3 people like this.
  10. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

wow thanks lovely lites information . Iam looking for salwar suits both party wear(not more than rs 400-500 ) decent suits for office wear and parties (as we live in overseas i like to wear variety suits rather investing on one suit). and some indo western wears and some party wear jewellery .

also looking for good tailors around the area as i will only be at chennai for two days but someone else will collect and deliver to us ,

thanks in advance .