Shopping in dubai and sharjah

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Dubai' started by adusumilli_sri, Nov 24, 2007.

1. adusumilli_sri

adusumilli_sri New IL'ite

HI everybody
    I am sri from india staying in moscow.
    I am taking a stop over for 3 days in dubai. Can anyone pls tell me
    shopping places for kids clothes, shoes and other fashion accessories like watches.
    Will be waiting for ur replies.
    bye
    sri

2. PoonamSri

PoonamSri New IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Imagine I just joined this Indusladies to give some info on shopping in dubai and sharjah. First both the places are not very far from each other, its just about 15-22 kms. I am sure you know the country. Dubai has bigger malls like Burjuman, Mall of Emirates and Ibn Battuta Mall and of course the usual ones are Carrefour and Lulu. I recently bought clothes for my kids and depending their age, if the they are young then better go to Chachoos on the way to sharjah from Dubai and monalisa. they have more Indian dresses and if western outfits are your like then any mall will do justice. price is reasonable and right. Watches are exclusive available at Ahmed Siddiqui & sons and for that matter all malls provide you the best ranges of watches. If you are looking a exclusive brands, then mega mall in Sharjah and Mall of emirates should be your destination and do not forget the Dubai Duty free, you can complete your best shopping there too.

Have a nice trip and in case you need frther assistance do not hesitate to private message me.

God bless you and your family and do keep in touch and who knows I may ask you shopping places in Moscow, ha ha ha.

PoonamSri

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2007
  3. adusumilli_sri

adusumilli_sri New IL'ite

Hi Poonam sri
    Nice to see relpy from u. You made my work easy as i can't go to all the malls for shopping for my 3 yrd old daugther.I mostly prefer western outfits as i will be going to india i can buy there the india dresses. Thanks alot for giving me the information.
    bye
    sri

4. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Hi Poonam,
    It was nice to c u r post reg shopping...What do you think abt the duty free shops in the Airport?I'm looking to buy Salwar materials...Can i get one there...Whats your take on this and also the lovely jewels.....

5. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Hi there,

Indian dresses / materials are not available at the airport. Jewellery yes, but the designs will be very western, if you like them.

Prices are almost same so you can have a look.

6. swtfarhi

swtfarhi New IL'ite

hi can u plz reply me on shopping of dress materials in dubai

7. Sthuti

Sthuti New IL'ite

Sorry.. I just joined this group recently...if you are still looking for materials, Burdubai is the place for you. Its called Meena Bazar. U get all verieties of Salwars readymades, material and also sarees of all price range. Starting from as less as dhs 20/- for a complete set.

In sharjah, there is Rolla where you could find materials and Indian clothes of all kinds.

Sthuthi

8. jaspers

jaspers New IL'ite

Hi all

I am a new member too. I was looking for some normal salwar materials for everyday use. I checked out some shops in BurDubai.. but was not happy.. Any body has any shop names I could try. I also heard Rolla is good.. any personal choices?? let me know so i could try out too... Also i am looking for a good tailor to stitch them with reasonable price as well.

Thnks.