1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

shopping in Chennai - quick guide and suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Classy, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Classy

Classy New IL'ite

Hi,
    Am visiting chennai for a month from US. I will be having around 2 weeks only for shopping and hence would like to get some suggestions on which are the good places for buying good dresses, fancy jewellery, gold jewellery. I live close to Anna nagar and am wondering if I need to go all the way to T Nagar or can get things around anna nagar too. I am looking for high end good ones since I may not visit for another few years. Here are what am looking for

Boutiques for designer kind of dresses, sarees.
    Good tailors
    Gold and diamond jewellery
    childress dress - designer or ready made.

Please suggest any good boutiques that you are aware of or have tried. Is RMKV the choice for sarees? Thanks.

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

classy ,

There are a lot of shops near anna-roundtana and Bluestar. there is also a shop called Waves which are for modern dresses (t-shirts / tops , jeans , fancy dresses) its in the road opp to icici anna nagar branch. this road also has small shops for good Kurtha tops.
    For small quick shopping you can visit Rasi silks in Annanagar. that's good too.

Good tailors are avlble in anna nagar itself.

But for wide collections of designer dresses (and cheap everyday use items ) , you will need to go to Tnagar

RMKV is a good choice for latest collections. if you are looking for something like party wear or designer, then there is a shop left off rmkv (i forgot the name it starts with S - not saravana stores ) that is good .

for kids rmkv is good .

for Gold & diamond , definitely TNagar ONLY !

Have Fun !

3. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

Classy
    I think there is loads of information under this forum
    Chennai - IndusLadies
    Kindly check there.It talks all about the latest trends in fashion, shopping et all in Chennai.Happy shopping.

4. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

For Designer sarees/Kids dresses, you can check in Naidu Hall,Sree Krishna Collections(SKC).These stores are in Pondy Bazzaar.

For Gold Jewellery, see in GRT,OKJ,Prince Jewellery.

5. Sangitha

Sangitha Gold IL'ite

Diva(near Bluestar) has good collections of designer wears-saree and salwars, a bit costly though..And Gopika(shanthi colony) is known for mix and match, kurthas and salwars too..do try:)