Shopping hours in Germany?

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by indira, Jan 18, 2007.

1. KilaliAnju

KilaliAnju Guest

actually most common to bring is actually, lady hand bags, jewerly (even i dont know why) and lots of chocolate... sometimes these wall clocks with that birdy in it (Kuckuksuhr) or that lil figures in which u can put fragrance... if you find something else which is nice to gift please let me know :)

2. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi Anju,

Which part of Germany are you residing in? I am from BLR with 8 yr old daughter and hubby in IT. We will be moving to Munich next month and wanted to know how is life in General in Germany?

3. KilaliAnju

KilaliAnju Guest

Hey, im in north germany kinda several hours from munich. What you mean in general? Depends on what you expect and how you mangle i guess. Life standard is quite high here, people are in generall friendy, weather is quite cold in winter and warm in summer, munich is quite expensive but jobs are well paid too. Its safe here even in later hours. Shop opening times are different like for example everything will be closed on sundays and some items are a bit difficult to get here, but im sure there are asian and indian shops in munich. If you want to know anything particular please message me, i will try to help you :) hope your preparation is going fine i can imagine how exciting and stressfull it is at the moment for you, wish you and your family all the best

4. kripa86

kripa86 New IL'ite

Hi
    anju,

can you pls share me ur mail id. I have few queries since im planning a europe tour in October with my family.Pls help me out...

5. suri

suri New IL'ite

Shopping hours in Germany are as under:
    On weekdays and Saturdays : till 8.00 pm (most of the stores). Exceptions : REWE Super Market - Open Till 10.00 pm, Lidl Super Market : Till 9.00 pm, Penny Stores : Till 9.00 pm.

On Sunday : Closed (almost all the stores are closed on Sundays). This is the irony in Germany (at least where i live - Baden Wurttemberg State).

You need to really plan your shopping during weekend, as if you miss the Saturday, then you need to wait till Monday Evening to buy items (after office hours).

6. MrsShantaram

MrsShantaram New IL'ite

There is no irony in that.
    Germany is basically a Christian Country and they have their day off on Sundays. In the arabic world you will not find any shop that is open on Friday as this is their day off.
    No irony, pretty simple.