1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Shoot for Progress, Not Perfection !!!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by archanajl, Feb 12, 2010.

1. archanajl

archanajl New IL'ite

Hi,

I read this in an article. Thought of sharing it here.

Pound perfection out of your life and shoot for progress by practicing these simple exercises:

1. Replace "I aim for perfection," with "I aim for progress". Practice saying that throughout the day. Write it in your journal pages.
    2. Instead of saying "I wasn't perfect," proclaim proudly "I did the best I could, given the constraints and restrictions of my life." Your day starts with a 7 AM plane flight, goes straight through with meetings, and ends at 11 PM as you stumble through your hotel room door. Hey, so what if you didn't see the gym or you ended up eating later than planned? It happens. Get over it and move on, regrouping as best you can the next day.
    3. Substitute "but" with "and" when you're describing your journey: "Yea, I've removed 20 pounds but I have another 20 pounds to go," versus "Yes, I have indeed removed 20 pounds and I'm getting more fit and I'm just pushing forward to remove the rest of my weight and achieve my goals." Wow, what a difference.
    4. Celebrate every ounce of progress you make. Never diminish your smallest achievement. Clap your hands with delight about the fact that you now eat a healthy breakfast every morning instead of skipping it as you've done for years. Don't wait for 50 pound weight drops to give yourself an "Atta girl/boy". Honor every step of this journey.
    5. Pound perfection out of your lifestyle habits. Perfectionism creeps into your work and personal life. Have fun with this. Go into your perfectly organized closet and stick a red shirt with your whites just to play with yourself. Don't make up your bed until later in the day. Laugh with yourself about how rigid you can sometimes be. Lighten up and smile as you continue your quest for progress, not perfection.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010

2. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

ARJANALI---WHAT A GOOD WRITE UP SUCH POSITIVE WAYS OF THINKING, APPRECIATING EACH AND EVERY SINGLE EFFORT AND OF COURSE ---I LIKE THE CLAPPING BIT IT IS SO MUCH REJUVENATING :cheers:cheersGIRL AND THANKS FOR THIS POST