1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shocked!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Nov 9, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Suri ran faster and caught the train just in time. Gasping, he settled down in the first available seat, the next of which had been occupied by an elderly person. That person had the looks which led to guess what his profession was. He was middle-aged, had many rings studded with stones on his fingers and large ear-studs and was looking into an astrology manual, using his fingers to calculate some arithmetic and seemed to make some notes.

"May I know what you are doing?", Suri asked. He looked Suri nonchalantly and replied that he was writing some predictions for a horoscope after a calculation. Suri smiled and said, "Sorry, if my views offend your job, but I don't believe an iota of this horoscope and predictions and other such gimmicks!". The astrologer looked up and said, "Fine! I didn't ask you to believe!". Suri did not leave him with that. "Now, can you prove to me that this is not just a figment of imagination and whatever you guys predict would actually happen? Lets see! Predict something that would happen to me today. And give your contact number and details. If that happens, I will never make such statements again and give you Rs. 1000-/-. But if it doesn't, then you should leave this profession. What do you say?"

The astrologer looked startled. Suri thought that he would skip this and get down at the next station, but he didn't. He just said, "Deal! Give me your phone number and your correct date and time of birth!". Suri did and just for witness sake, Suri picked another guy, whom he saw frequently in that train and had an acquaintance. Now each of them had the numbers and the addresses of the other two. The astrologer seemed to calculate a bit and finally said, "Mark my words! You will face a terrible shock before the end of this day! I am damn sure that it will happen!". Suri laughed and the witness showed no emotion.

They all parted ways. Suri never had any such incident throughout the day and took the train back home. He wanted to wait till midnight and was quite sure that nothing would happen. The train came. Surprisingly, he saw the astrologer in the compartment and went to him, smiling. The astrologer acknowledged him, though he looked a lot more tired. "Be ready to change your profession from tomorrow!", Suri said to him. His response was just a weak smile. Soon, there were only the two of them, as all others got down in the stations that went by.The train entered the last stop where Suri usually got down. Suri saw that the astrologer was asleep and shook him.

To his utter shock, he found that the astrologer was no more!

p.s. Suri handed over Rs. 1000-/- to the astrologer's family later.

2. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

That was just fantastic RGS..

You should try for publishing this one.

3. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Acho really it shocked me RGS..... no words to say..... to prove his proffesion he gave his life......:cry:

4. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Really RGS ill surrender my tears.....

5. rgsrinivasan

Sure will Iniyamalar. Thanks for your immediate feedback. :) -rgs

6. rgsrinivasan

Well. I think you read a bit too deeper AkhilaaSaras. The astrologer's death was a coincidence [thats what I meant]. But that makes you think a lot. Isn't it? That was my intention. Thanks a lot for your feedback. -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

Sorry AkhilaaSaras, had this impacted you too much. Besides your avatar is too good. -rgs

8. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

why sorry... im a deep reader... i like lord shiva very much....

9. rgsrinivasan

Wow! Nice to know that AkhilaaSaras. I really enjoyed writing some of my verses about the Lord [Thiruneelakandar, KaNNappar, Thripuraanthakar] in the tamil poetry section. Thanks again. -rgs

10. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

oops..............tears coming,,,