1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shocked!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, May 6, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I still vividly remember this incident which happened when I was in class 8. The last period on tuesdays was for physics then. Our physics teacher [lets say] A, was a soft spoken gentleman and never beat anyone.

Brats that we were, we used to talk loudly, whenever he turned to the board. But, he was good at what he taught and slowly got us to listen as the year progressed. This incident happened earlier.

One tuesday, he did not come, after the period bell. We waited for a full five minutes. The leader sent a boy to the staff room, who came back grinning all along, to say that A was not there. Quickly thinking about how to capitalize this, we decided to play. As seen everywhere, there was a difference of opinion. One set wanted to go home [that being the last period] and the other wanted to play. The leader intervened and said, may be we could do as we liked.

He sent a couple of boys to the P.T. room, to procure stumps, cricket bats, ball etc. Only the attender was there, who just took note of the class and section and gave them all. Happily we ran to the ground while the other set went home.

We split ourselves into two teams and I was in the team that fielded first. We had to go to the other end of the ground, as already, many were playing there. I was standing in the boundary line. The match was picking up and it was in the 5th over [out of 10] when I felt somebody touching me.

I just ignored, thinking, may be, someone from some other playing team might have brushed me accidentally. But, the next time, it was firm. I turned back, to look who it was. And was shocked to see Mr. A. He showed no emotion at all and was just standing there.

Quickly all others saw us too and we were running back to the classroom. The first thing that he did was to take the attendance. Needless to say, around 10 were missing. He did not chide / punish us, but started to teach, as though nothing happened. We were relieved, but waited for the bell. The gentleman that he was, he stopped when the bell rang and we ran, thinking about what would happen next.

The first period next day, was english and my class teacher handled it. A word about him - he was very strict and seemed to take a special pleasure in punishing us then [now looking back, he was not that cruel after all]. The first thing that he did, was to call out the names of the students who were missing in the last period the previous day. He asked them to get out of the class and punished them hard.

One of them [that idiot!] blurted out that, the others should also be punished, for, they played cricket while he went home.

I leave it to you, friends, to guess what happened next.

p.s.
    [1] The boy who was sent to look for the teacher, later told me in private that he did not see the room fully and was interested to play anyway.

[2] The P.T. attendant became one of our enemies when we knew that it was he, who directed A, to the ground.

[3] The boy who revealed to our class teacher, was not allowed to play in our group, for a few months.

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotfl Enjoyed reading !!!!!!!

Funny to think of NOW but embarassing and scared THEN !!!!!!!!!:hide:

[​IMG]

"The boy who was sent to look for the teacher, later told me in private that he did not see the room fully and was interested to play anyway"

......liked that very much

3. rgsrinivasan

Well. You may like it, but I could still remember the caning that I had then. Thanks for your nice feedback and image, Sunitha. -rgs

4. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Interesting incident! Very well written

5. rgsrinivasan

Wow! 3 continuous feedbacks for my posts - am honoured Vidchakra. Thanks a lot. -rgs