1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shocked!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Varloo, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Dowry harrasement - to what extend?

Hi Varloo,
    This is indeed a very disturbing one.
    We even don't know how many are suffering like this in India and abroad.
    Maybe this news will be an eye-opener to others and also for the parents who have daughters in marriage.
    The girls must be educated and be brave and must have contact no. in a strange place or country, where they will be living, as suggested by other ilite in the other thread.

sriniketan

2. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Like Latha mentioned....I too wondered , y dint the girl give any complaint against them.The thread abt 'calling 911' does give us an insight that it is an emergency number there and she cld have called it atleast once :-(

It cld have cost that fellow's job...!!! And the family who tortured her cld have been jailed!!!
    Atleast her Father cld have done it when he had seen his daughter's condition!! shakehead

Well...ther are so many questions like this that is arising in my mind....but we don't exaclty know the actual situation they were in!!!
    Anyway...I hope this case ends with the guilty being punished....a punishment that will teach them a lesson and they shld never ever commit such a grave crime again!!!

3. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Here is the article for correct news .
    It just reinforces the need to do a thorough background check before arranged marriage. But the history of the family might have been good so far, and may distort later. As one said above in the thread, she should be given enough knowledge on whom to call, should have had some money in hand and if the girl is uneducated don't even send her so far.

I have witnessed a similar case in a family known to us from childhood days.

The guy was making a very very good money, had got a house and is is Software comapny in India. Very good looking and son of a priest. So why would someone even think of a background check. On the day of wedding, the girl's father was informed by someone that he drinks and does not have a good character. He leads a very private life at hyd. They ignored the comment thinking it was a made up story meant to stop some good from happening. Also the wedding preparations have come so far and so many relatives were around. And they evn thought some small bad habits can be corrected by his wife. In the end, he was way beyond correction. This girl could not think of staying with him and came home back very soon. A big lesson I want people to read, especially the ones with daughter and are in a hurry to get her married. Pace down and do the necessary check please...My heart melts for this girl...It sounds like a story, but such things do happen in real lives.

4. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Its really really sad. How can those 3 people sleep at night. leaving the poor woman in coma. Also didnt the police have little doubt on the story of she falling down from car.
    Its disgusting to think that being a software engineer and in a position to earn from US or anywhere is demanding dowry. Being loyal sons is not bad,being this loyal should also be punished. This shud come as a lesson to any abusers. Those 2 women should also be punished severely.

5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    Even I feel the same thing.. How those 3 people could sleep that night.
    What a devilish act!!
    Didn't they had any humanity?? Don't they fear god??
    Right now they must be thinking that they must have achieved something..
    BUt god is watching everything.
    So many people curse won't leave these 3.

~Punitha

6. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

its very shocking to read the news.i dont understand why people are behaving in this way.
    i think there should be some punishment to those people other wise they can play with the life of another women.

i wish Jenita a speedy recovery.

7. rsa

rsa New IL'ite

I am really shocked to hear the news. I feel pity and am praying for the girl & her unborn child for speed recovery and strengths to bear her mental and physical wounds. How did they do this? They can be winners now, But GOD, Truth and Time wont spare them.

8. rithi

rithi New IL'ite

Re: Dowry harrasement - to what extent?

shocked to find that the Smalin holds a MBA degree. Smalin's father should come forward and file a complaint against Daniel in US. He needs to be punished at any cost.

9. divyasarav

divyasarav New IL'ite

Hi all,

Nobody is sure what really happened? In any case, such a barbarian act is totally unacceptable...

Hope the media does their best to find out what really had happened and bring it to the public.. If her husband has really abused her, then we must see to that he is thrown out his work and put behind the bars... The MIL and SIL should be behind the bars as well. Not only that, his passport must be withheld and has to get police clearance everytime he goes out of India...

I feel, there are many loose ends in her case. Because, living in US, how is that they could have fooled the police just easily.. Nobody clearly knows what happened to Jenita. If she has really been abused and treated badly, then they have to pay for their deeds..

10. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

Re: Dowry harrasement - to what extent?

an act of cruelty
    that guy and his family should be taught a lesson. how can a human being be so cruel to another human being:eek:mg:.

that software firm should also take action against this, only then there will be justice somewhere. this will be discussed for a month or two. later everybody would forget smalin and her struggle. it is only smalin's family who is going to struggle with this.
    i am really upset with this.

padma