1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shocked!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Varloo, Nov 19, 2007.

1. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I read it. The husband who is a software engineer expecting dowry is ridiculous. This is fed to his mind by evil minded family. Not one person but his mother ,sister and he is to blame. Is she out of coma.I hope God gives her strength to teach these people a lesson.

2. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Yes its shocking indeed. This lady was married in Aug 2006 and not 2007. Here's the correct information and the details at deccanherald. Deccan Herald - NRI reduces wife to wreck

I pray that god heals all her wounds and gives her the strength to get through this and teach a lesson to all those who wronged her!

-Hema

3. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi Tamildownunder,
    Sorry abt the typo mistake...they were married in Aug 2006.

My sincere prayers for her recovery and her baby's health!

4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai friends

I am also very much shocked to hear this news.......actually i pallned to strart a thread about this......:eek:mg::cry:

I have heard that laws are very strict in USA,....:confused2:.....what happened in this case.......and thatoo by educated person...working in very reputed firm..........is he not ashamed...........i feel that he should be dismissed .........and punished very severely.....bonk....along with his mother and sister........bonk...how can this people so unkind towards pregnant lady.......MAHA PAVAM.......

Even it seems the girl is also educated....:idontgetit:.........then how she kept quiet without informing her parents or friends or even police......how she digested all these .........MANIDHA MIRUGANGAL........

Here we used to say...nika vaichu sudanum.........

Let us pray God for her speedy recovery..........

Hai nivedi

Very nice write up by u yaar..........thank u for all the tips given ........

latamurali

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  5. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

Hello,
    It is really shocking that people can be this cruel. Especially mother and sister, if they imagine the same plight for themselves for one minute probably they would not commit such crime. It is good that her father could go and bring her back . The agony and the mental wounds will take a long time to heal . I just hope she gets well soon.
    uma

6. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

No action can be taken here under US laws unless a case/complaint is filed here. In the case of this girl (Jenita) the case was registered as a road accident. And since the poor girl was in coma, no statements could be extracted from her. When her father arrived in US, she was getting out of coma and the father had signed papers taking guardianship of his daughter from her husband. But her father did not file any charges here in US. So no action can be taken under US laws. Had her father pressed charges in US, then the husband can be prosecuted here.

The girl had informed her family members through e-mail several times. But her father had asked her to bear because he thought it was the usual in-laws problem.

Now that her father has filed a case in India, we can only rely on God's power to get the husband punished. The police station where the case has been filed (somewhere in Trichy) has not even issued a copy of the FIR stating that both the parties should be present.

7. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    It is really shocking news ...
    Don't know what to say.. poor girl.
    As Nivedi said, it is better to give our parents contact # to our friends/neigbours in case of any ER.

~Punitha

8. rithi

rithi New IL'ite

Re: Dowry harrasement - to what extend?

Yes! I was terribly shocked and still not recovered from that after seeing the news. Most groom's parents are greedy and it is girls' responsibility to come forward and put a end to it by taking a resolution 'I am not ready to buy a groom for money'.

As you say, the girls' parents should have backed off when the groom's side were demanding so much. Anyway it is too late to talk about that. In my opinon no home would thrive just in money without 'love'. I just feel pity for that girl and it shook me off when I came to know that she is 28 weeks pregnant. The girls' side should gain strength to sue her husband. Unless the punishments are severe there won't be any end for 'dowry'.

As it is being insisted by social reformers, parents who have girls, please educate them. Pls. allow the girls to learn whatever they want, and let them grow whatever they want to be. Invest in education instead of gold and money for their marriage. This will build their confidence and enlighten their minds which in turm fade the darkness of ignorance.

Pour in your thoughts ladies,
    Still in shock,
    Rithi

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  9. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    Even I am terribly shocked by this news.
    Husband and in-laws are in US.
    Could anybody come forward (legally) to fight with US govt to deport him and get him back to India and punish him??

Thanks,
    Punitha

10. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I found this news on yahoo website and hence posting the same here. A very shocking news indeed. I dont understand why people behave like this inspite of being educated. IT industy, pays well, and the person here must be earning quite well.

I feel these educated people must be given a punishment that could be a lesson for others as well. Hope the judiciary system in India evolves to impose severe punishment for such acts.

My prayers will be for Smalin Jenita, and her unborn child.Hope she recovers soon.

Regards,
    Yamuna.

Chennai: In a shocking case of dowry harassment, a pregnant woman was beaten by her husband and in-laws and thrown out of a moving car while she was in the US with them.

Twenty three-year-old Smalin Jenita, who holds an MBA degree, suffers from 52 fractures after her husband, Christy Daniels, an Infosys employee in Ohio allegedly thrashed her and threw her out of on the road.

“My daughter told me that her husband, mother-in-law and sister-in-law had beaten her at home, taken her in the car and threw her out of the moving car,” says Smalin’s father.

All communication with Jenita’s family was cut off slowly after her marriage as her father could not meet the repeated dowry demands of Christy Daniel’s family. Smalin’s family was not even informed when she was hospitalised.

It was after only after the hospital authorities informed Smalin’s family about the incident that her father rushed to the US to bring her back home.

“I will meet the DGP tomorrow and lodge a complaint of dowry harassment and attempt to murder. I will also file a civil complaint in the US against my son-in-law,” says Smalin’s father.

Both Smalin and her child are in a stable condition in Mehta hospital in Chennai. Smalin is paralysed on the left side due to brain injuries that she suffered with. However Smalin’s incident is a case in point of how dowry harassment is not just limited to the uneducated and the poor.