Shivsamudram trip

Discussion in 'Travel' started by aashuabhi, Sep 10, 2012.

1. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

This weekend we planned for a day outing to some tourist place near Bangalore in our new car and chose ShivSamudram for it. Its famous for two beautiful falls Gaganachukki and BharaChukki

This was our first long trip in our car, so i was specially very excited about it. In total we were 6 people in two cars.

We started our journey not very early morning but yes early as per weekend mornings, at 7:30 am. As climate was cool and pleasant, we hoped for a good journey.

We decided to take Bangalore - Kanakpura - Malavalli - Sivasamudram. Shivsamudram is around 130 KM from Bangalore.

So as we all were coming from different directions of Bangalore, we decided to meet at Metro mall at kanakpura road. So we were off for a beautiful day ahead.

As nobody had breakfast at home, we decided to have something in Bangalore itself. We stopped at few places ( kind of small restaurants ) but everybody told us to wait til 9-9:30. So after hunting two three places, we finally decided to have breakfast at Sri Sri Ravishankar Ashram at Kanakpura road.

As we went inside, cafeteria was closed and we had already paid 20/- for parking, so we were determined to eat there only. We went to social kitchen there and had free breakfast, sitting on floor and relishing sprouts dish with Ragi Malt free :).

After which we started our journey to waterfalls.

contd..

2. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Once we started from there and crossed Bangalore, we found the real eternity in mother nature. As all my husband's team mates were in other car, we had ample time to romance with nature and with each other as well.

With nice songs played, we were just chatting about our dating days and after marriage days while breeze was making it hard for me to hold my hair and i was feeling bliss with lush green farms around where farmers were working on just reaped paddy plants. Water filled farms made breeze even more cool and our experience even more pleasant.

Around 11:30 we reached at shivsamudram and once i saw the waterfalls i was like WOWWW!!!. In Bangalore, we are deprived of water and here such a wonderful scenery is painted with such huge waterfalls where gallons of water is jumping every second and first thought that came to my mind was i should have brought some big buckets to fill water from here and take back :) :)

But view was amazing, Gaganachukki fall is very high and when water comes down it creates such a huge mist that one cannot see the base of waterfall. Bharachukki is relatively short in height but its bit wider and equally beautiful. We did some photo shoots there and we saw many people near the falls so we decided to take a turn and go nearer to falls.

3. Sowmya2709

Sowmya2709 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Aashuabhi,

Your post made me to go back to my trip memories.. I had been their with my friends some 5years back. After enjoying the beauty of falls me and my friend along with other friends got into the waterfalls, suddenly dunno what happened next minute i was drowned inside the water and cudnt find the land below.. I thought that was the end of my life, but some tourist helped me to come out of the water.. Later, found that my friend was also missing and she came out after some distance with the help of a tourist..

It was an unforgettable trip for us.. I still have the fear of water.. But as u said its really a wonderful place..

4. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Thanks for fb Sowmya. Yes i was really scared seeing the water gushing in full flow. It can be dangerous place if heed is not given.

5. ShwetaSri

ShwetaSri Bronze IL'ite

nice post...very well narrated

1 person likes this.
  6. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

While going towards wtaerfalls, we stopped for near small dam which is created by Hydro Electric Plant. Its also a beautiful scene. One side where Bharachukki and Gaganachukki are roaring at the top of voice, this place was very calm and serene. Cauvery water is stored in small lake and river flows gently. This place is covered with lots of trees which adds to the beauty. From here we headed for waterfalls.

When we reached near waterfall, view was awesome. We decided to climb down on rocks and go near to waterfalls. It was the really horrifying for me as i never did any kind of trekking before and rocks were wet and very sharp. Frankly saying I didn't want to go but just with some courage and motivation from my husband i started and believe me it was one of the difficult thing i did in my life. Rocks were standing straight and there was very sharp edges and just few feet away water was gushing at top speed as it wanted to gulp us all in one go. With great care we reached at a point where we could sit for a while and have some photos as well as can touch the water just near bharachukki waterfall.

I saw people were really enjoying swimming and some were actually taking bath with their family :). As in our group none but only one person knew swimming, we didn't want to take risk so we trekked further to go near Gaganachukki falls. View near Gaganachukki was even more beautiful as we were actually sitting at top of waterfall and water wasin full flow and sound was so loud that we were scared to even see below. We sat there for few more minutes when a monkey came and sat with us and happily posed for few photos.

Finally we started climbing up, this time i was more confident and climbed up quickly and without much help. So we gazed the falls once more and packed up to go back with sweet memories we had.

One thing i liked specially through this trip was the roads. Road is very nice till waterfalls and i could not find even a single pit, which made our journey much more easy.

7. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot Shweta for the FB. :)

8. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

Hello Aashuabhi,

I have been to Shivanasamudram 3 years back. We were a group of 6, and went it two wheelers. Your description reminded me of those cheerful memories. We visited couples of places enroute to Sivanasamudram. The pyramid in one Ashram, then on the way back, we went to another water falls which we came to know abt frm locals. Sorry, I dont remember the name though. It was not a famous tourist spot, so was not so crowded and was pretty scenic. Love those days of travels and treks.. :)

Soumya

1 person likes this.
  9. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Thanks Soumya for FB. We also thought to visit pyramid and talakad while coming back but as it was very humid at shivsamudra, we were all exhausted, so didn't go anywhere else. May be will plan some time soon :)

10. Sowmya2709

Sowmya2709 Platinum IL'ite

We visited Thalakad also during our visit, but dint know abt any Pyramid as such.. But went a shiva temple, forgot the name..