Shirdi Visit

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by StrangerLady, Jun 2, 2022.

1. StrangerLady

StrangerLady Gold IL'ite

Dear all

I want to visit Shirdi in July mostly during 2nd week. Is it a good time to visit, meaning will there be too much crowd? Is there a possibility that we are not let inside the temple. And is it okay to visit shirdi temple if we have our periods? Sorry for too many questions. I haven't been to shirdi before. Also is it okay to go on our own or is it better to book through tours and travels? Our india visit is only during July. So I really want to visit shirdi and have baba's darshan this time during my India visit. I understand thursdays are to be avoided since it will be too crowded. And are there any auspicious days falling in July that we might not be let in. Like I read gurupoonima falls in july and is auspicious to have babas dharshan on that day. But will I be let in. Are there any advanced booking available to have assured darshan? Pls guide

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    ashima10 likes this.

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    Mehana and StrangerLady like this.
  3. mathira

mathira IL Hall of Fame

Mehana, Thyagarajan and StrangerLady like this.
  4. mathira

mathira IL Hall of Fame

Yes.. we also visited Shirdi around 4 years back in mid of July. Pls book the Dharshan , Arti & accommodations online before visiting Shirdi and book everything now itself & This year Guru Poornima falls on 13th July. So plan ur trip accordingly.. May Baba bless u and ur family’s Shirdi trip.. Sairam..

StrangerLady and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I have been to shiridi and it was quite crowded
    But I went during mid September or august I forgot.Plus any religious place I do not visit during periods as a mark of respect but am not sure if it is allowed inside shiridi during periods though

StrangerLady likes this.
  6. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

I visit Shirdi often. It will be crowded heavily in Thursdays and might be similar on Guru purnima. So it's wise to avoid darshan on that day. You need to buy paid Darshan/aarti ticket online sand can book accomodation too.
    You can even go for free darshan but obviously the waiting time in the long queue is more.

About visiting in periods - it's totally upto you. Unless you tell, nobody is gonna know you're on your period. If your heart and mind is pure and your intention is good and you maintain proper hygeine, then I don't think you need to be guilty to visit baba during periods. God is everywhere and in everything. The old mentality of labelling menstruation as impurity is gone now!. But ya many will prefer to not visit as a mark of respect to their family's tradition.
    In saibaba books too, it says to skip the week of menstruation and then continue pooja.
    But it is not like you will get punished by God if you visit!.
    The choice and the decision should and must always be yours.

I always believe that Saibaba choses Himself when and whom to allow to meet Him. There were times when I wanted to visit Shirdi very badly but somehow things never worked out.
    Then there are times when I just thought to visit and smoothly everything fell into the right place and I could have His divine darshan.

Hope you get to visit Shirdi soon.

StrangerLady and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I agree in toto.

For me it just happened when I was in service in 1978.
    A telex received from my super boss to attend a meeting at currency note press Nashik.

I with family drove to Nashik to be in Nashik a night before. It was summer. But next day for some quaint reason, meeting postponed by another day.

The GM was suggesting to spend time visiting Shirdi. Family & I were just lucky to have eyeful darshan of Lord Sai at the shrine when there was no crowd no much commercial activity, no hustle and bustle.

We spent lot of time worshipping the Lord for over half an hour amidst a small group of devotees chanting and meditating.
    The tiny less publicised shrine over the years, turned into huge pilgrimage centre next only to THIRUPATHI.

Man proposes God Disposes. But for a staunch devotee with quest to have an eye-ful darshan, Baba will pave the way.
    Thanks and Regards.

joylokhi and StrangerLady like this.
  8. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

I am planning to visit Shirdi as well this year in July. How about covid cases there? Anyone have been there recently? Good day to go so that there is no much crowd? Please advise.

StrangerLady likes this.
  9. StrangerLady

StrangerLady Gold IL'ite

Thank you all for responding. I went to shirdi last Saturday and had a good darshan of Baba. The crowd was also less. My only complaint is we couldn't see aarthi. Other than that the experience was blissful. We didn't visit on guru poornima as the travel ppl said the crowd would be unimaginable and we won't be let to see Baba peacefully.

10. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

oohhh nice. I was almost going to go Tuesday and Wednesday but it was raining so heavily that I didnt want to risk (was going with Senior citizens too). There was also an alert so dropped.
    But congratulations on your visit. Om Sai Ram.

StrangerLady likes this.