Shirdi ke sai - online video, Satcharita, artis, MP3s & teachings

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by sunkan, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Re: Shirdi ke sai - online video, Satcharita, artis & MP3s

Hi Meenu,
    I happened to see that pic and thought of sharing it here so ,posted it .
    I guess that might be in Shiridi Temple.If I hear something related to that , then I will surely post that too.
    Regards,
    Kavta.

2. urmilas

urmilas New IL'ite

Shirdi ke sai

Hi All,

I am a devotee of Shirdi Sai Baba. I am very happy to see a thread on Sai Baba on IL.
    I want to share some pharases on sai that I saw on some website.

Happy Moments praise Sai
    Difficult Moments seek Sai
    Quiet Moments worship Sai
    Painful Moments trust Sai
    Every Moment thank Sai

Om sai ram.
    Urmila

3. kswati

kswati New IL'ite

Re: Shirdi ke sai - online video, Satcharita, artis & MP3s

Mam,
    In one of the previous posts i have requested u to send the lyrics of "Aarti belege na nee eleyeru Kolhapur Laksmi gey" . Can i request u to send the download of this song and also Bhagyada Lakshmi since i am unable to download from net in my office system(its blocked) but such download is possible.
    Thanks
    Swati

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Miracles Of Sathya Sai Of Shirdi

Raising the water level in well
    When Sai Baba first came to Shirdi it had of no basic facilities. There was a well put only in name. It had no natural spring water and if
    ever there had been one, it must long ago have dried up. Water had to be fetched from a distance. When, therefore, Sai Baba gave his
    permission to the villagers to celebrate the Ram Navami Fair, (Baba's Birthday) the big problem facing the organizers was one of water
    supply. So What should they do but go to Sai Baba with their problem? "'Oh yes," said Sai Baba, 'so you want plenty of water, do you?
    Here, take this and drop it in the well and wait and see." "'This," turned up to be a platter of flowers on which some prasad (blessed
    food) had been placed along with the remnants of alms Baba had received earlier in the day. The villagers had no qualms about doing as
    they were did. Their faith in Sai Baba was total. No sooner had that platter of leaves been dropped in the well, it is said, water rose from
    the bottom as if by divine command and completely filled it. And great was the rejoicing of the people.

Saving a child from drowning

One report has it that word had spread that the 3-year old daughter of a poor man called Babu Kirwandikar had fallen into the well and
    had been drowned. When the villagers rushed to the well they saw the child suspended in mid-air as if some invisible hand was holding
    her up! She was quickly pulled out. Sai Baba was fond of that child who was often heard to say : I am Baba's sister!" After this incident,
    the villagers took her at her word. "it is all Baba's Leela", the people would say philosophically. They could offer no other explanation.

Flow of Godavari (river) from Baba's feet

These were instances of things they had seen with their own eyes. It was not secondhand information they had gathered. Sai Baba was
    to them as real as their homes and their fields and their cattle and the distant hills.Das Ganu once had an unforgettable experience. On
    a festive occasion, he sought Baba's permission to go to a place called Singba on the banks of the Godavari to have a bath in the holy
    waters. "No," Baba replied resolutely, "where is the need to go all the way when the Godavari is here right at my feet?" Das Ganu was
    vexed. He was willing to concede that Ganga the holy river (Baba frequently referred to Godavari as Ganga) rose from the feet of Sri
    Narayana (one among the Hindu trinity of Gods) himself, but his faith was not deep enough to believe that the waters of the Godavari
    could spring form the feet of his master, Sri Sai. Baba who was reading Das Ganu's mind decided that this was the time to strengthen
    Das Ganu's faith. He told his devotee: "come closer to me and hold the hollow of your palms at my feet!". As soon as he did so water
    flowed freely out of the toes of the master's feet and filled the hollow of Das Ganu's palms in no time. His joy knew no limits. He
    sprinkled the water on his head and his body and distributed some more among the assembled devotees as tirtha (holy water).

Other miracles

There was that other occasion when many thought that the masjid which housed Sai Baba itself would be consumed by fire from the
    flames which leapt up from the dhuni. All that Baba did was to take some swipes at a wooden pillar in front of him. With every blow the
    flames subsided and the fire died down. "Miraculous, " said his devotees. Often they would notice him stirring some hot concotion over
    the kitchen fire, not with a ladle but with his bare hands. There never was a time when his hand was scalded. What supernatural powers
    did he have? On yet another occasion, Sai Baba was partaking of food with three of his devotees in the masjid when, without any cause
    for provocation, he exclaimed- "Stop!" Then, as if nothing had happened, the four continued with their meal. Lunch over and the dishes
    cleared, they stepped out of the masjid, when large chunks of the ceiling fell on the very spot where they had been seated only a few
    minutes earlier. Did Sai Baba's powers extend even to inanimate matter, the devotees wondered. Instances have been quoted by his
    devotees as to how Sai Baba commanded the rains to stop and the winds to cease.
    (Sharing with Shirdi baba's Love)

<!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStart|**|-~--> __._,_.___

5. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

Re: Miracles Of Sathya Sai Of Shirdi

dear sunkan,

i am a strong believer of Shirdi Sai Baba, when we were in bangalore, every thursday we go to Sai Baba temple in Cambridge layout, Ulsoor...........but after coming to chennai since the temple is too far, we go once in a month................i felt too good to read about Sai's miracles..........thanks for posting it here............

love
    padma

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Sai Ram, Sundari. I am happy to read these miracles, a couple of those I have not read before. May Shirdi Sai keep all of us blessed.

regards
    Vidya

7. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

Thanks for posting.

8. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Shirdi saibaba's teachings

I read this in a website..Thought wud share with u all..

Sai Baba of Shirdi is the epitome of reverence a guiding force who generates supreme faith and confidence among his devotees looking for salvation and in quest of coming out of the drudgery of living. As a divine mother he is saturated with love for those who seek him. With his mission of making people about the divine consciousness and transcending the limits of mortal body, his teachings are guiding his devotees to the path of salvation. People are blessed who follow his teachings.

Among the teachings of Sai Baba of Shirdi there are the cardinal principles of Sai Path called 'Shraddha' and 'Saburi'. Sai Baba looks for these two qualities in his devotees. Here are the teachings and philosophies of Sai Baba of Shirdi.

Shraddha
    'Shraddha' is a Sanskrit word, which roughly means faith with love and reverence. Such faith or trust is generated out of conviction, which may not be the result of any rational belief or intellectual wisdom, but a spiritual inspiration. According to Sai Baba of Shirdi, steadfast love in God is the gateway to eternity. Baba's teaching, both direct and indirect explicate the significance of 'Shraddha'. Baba reiterates the spiritual guidance of Shri Krishna to Arjun - "Whosoever offer to Me with love or devotion, a leaf, a flower, a fruit or water, that offering of pure love is readily accepted by Me".

Saburi
    'Saburi'; means patience and perseverance. Saburi is a quality needed throughout the path to reach the goal. This quality must be ingrained in a seeker from day one, least he looses his stride and leaves the path half way

Purity
    For Sai Baba it was not the purity of the body but inner purity that mattered. No amount of physical and external cleansing would serve any purpose if the man remained impure in mind and heart. Therefore, Baba cautioned His devotees not to make austerity as an end itself, lest they should indulge in physical mortification.

Compassion
    Himself an epitome of compassion and love, Sai Baba taught compassion among his disciples. Baba often told His devotees, 'Never turn away anybody from your door, be it a human being or animal'.

Complete Surrender to the Guru
    Sai Baba put Guru on a high pedestal of reverence. For Him Guru was the profound base of the path of devotion. Pointing to his physical frame, "This body is my house. I am not here. My Guru (Master) has taken me away". He asked for complete surrender to the 'Guru'.

Sai Baba's Teachings through 'Udi'

Udi or the sacred ash was produced from the perpetual fire called 'dhuni' lit by Sai Baba in Dwarkamai at Shirdi. Explaining the meaning of life He would refer to Udi and taught that like Udi all the visible phenomena in the world are transient. Through this example Sai Baba wished to make his devotees understand the sense of discrimination between the unreal and the real. Udi taught the devotees discrimination or vivek.

"Sabka Malik Ek"

9. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am an ardent devotee of SHIRDI SAI BABA and happy to see so many contributions in this wonderful thread .

I would like to share with all of you the GAYATRI MANTRA for SHIRDI SAI BABA that I saw online.

OM SACHITH RUPAI VIDMAHE I

SHIRDI DEVAYA DHEEMAHI TANOHO SAI PRACHODAYAT II

To hear the correct pronounciation please click on the following link :

shree shirdi sai baba gayatri mantra - Truveo Video Search

SHLOKA ON GURU SHIRDI SAI

Namah Sree Sai Naathaaya
    Mohatandra Vinaashine
    Gurave Buddhi Bodhaaya
    Bodha Maatra Swaroopine

Thanks
    Krithika

10. sunkan